D-4 (General Training)
1. Application Eligibility
- who studies Korean at the university-attached language institute
- who is educated at the educational facilities other than academic research organisation or educational organisation under D-2 visa.
- who learns technology or skills at the national or public research organization
2. Common Requirements
※ If necessary, Embassy of the Republic of Korea may ask an applicant to submit more documents than required.
※ If you already have a Confirmation of Visa Issuance Number, you need to submit an original passport, a completed visa application form with a photo, visa fee and a self-addressed express post platinum envelope (if you are submitting the visa application in person you don't need to bring a self-addressed envelope).
• A completed and signed visa application form (Please find the attached)
* One colour photograph taken within the last 6 months to be attached to the form
Size : 3.5cm x 4.5cm
White or off-white background
* For visa issuance confirmation holders, please download and complete the application form found below.
Here ▶ Application for Visa for visa issuance confirmation holders only
• Original passport (must have 6 months validity left)
• Visa application fee (Please find the attached)
* Payment method: Money oder issued by Australia Post (Payee: Korean Embassy in Canberra) OR in Cash (Please put the money in a small separate envelope along with other visa documents)
• Your current Australian visa
* Visa status from Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) or Visa Grant Notification Letter received by e-mail from the Department of Home Affairs (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/)
* A letter from your school confirming your enrolment details if you are on a student visa (The letter must be signed by enrolment officer at your school)
* A letter signed by an employer confirming your employment if you are working in Australia
• A self-addressed prepaid express post platinum envelope from the post office for return of your passport (only if you are submitting the visa application by mail)
* Also, all applicants are advised to take a note of the tracking number (for both sending and receiving) for future reference.
* Please note that the Embassy strongly advises all applicants to send and receive the application by using a safer delivery option which offers both tracking and signature on delivery (like Express Post Platinum), in order to minimise the possibility of loss.
2-1. Additional documents according to the status
• The students who study Korean at the university-attached language institute or exchange students for industrial training under the academy exchange agreement among universities.
- A photocopy of signed certificate of admission issued by the president of college or university, which includes a decision on the scholastic and financial ability
- A photocopy of certificate of business/institute registration of the university in Korea
- A copy of schedule/timetable for the language training provided by the university in Korea
- Documents which prove one’s financial status (eg. Australian bank statements for last three months: the required minimum balance is to be decided depending on no.7 and no.8 on the certificate of admission).
- If you are going to be financially supported by your parents, you must provide a letter from your parents, your birth certificate and your parents’ bank statement for last three months. The letter should contain your name and parents’ name, the relationship between you and them
- A certificate of the latest scholastic achievement
• The students with the foreign nationality who attend primary school, junior-high school or high school
- Admission letter or certificate
- A certificate of registration or a certificate of graduation
- Documents which prove the financial capability
• The others
- Documents which prove the fact of study
- Documents related with the foundation of training organisation
- Documents which prove the financial capability
: a written confirmation of expenses charge in case the organisation covers the expenses of stay
: for the other cases a certificate of remittance or money exchange (3,000 U.S dollars and over)
- Reference (only for the case in which the students cannot prove his/her financial capability or in which the Minister of Law permits the necessity)
3. The Standard of inspection in visa issuance
• The legitimacy of visit
• The genuineness of submitted document
• Restrain those who are paid by the training organization or those under D-3
• Restrain those who are trained by the private organization or host who are going to make up the expenses for stay in Korea
• Korean language course for the foreign students carried out by the lifelong education facility or private institute is not accepted
- It is not the main purpose of the lifelong education facility and Korean language course must be carried out systematically by experts since it is not only for the language itself but includes traditional culture and system.
4. Visa Processing Time: approximately 7 working days
※ Please note that it might take more than 7 working days for the applications lodged by mail.
※ We do not return visa documents once submitted.
5. Mailing Address/ Contact Details
※ If you are in ACT, SA, WA or TAS, you need to lodge your visa application to the Korean Embassy in Canberra.
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Canberra
113 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla ACT 2600
Phone: (02) 6270 4100
※ If you are in NSW,QLD or NT, you need to contact the Consulate General in Sydney for your visa inquiries and visa application.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Sydney
Level 10, 44 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000 (Mailing Address: P.O. Box Q506 QVB NSW 1230)
Phone : (02) 9210 0200 (Consular office: (02) 9210 0234)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
※ If you are in VIC, you need to contact the Consulate General in Melbourne for your visa inquiries and visa application.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Melbourne
Level 10, 636 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004
Phone : (03) 9533 3800 (Consular office: (03) 9533 3803/3804)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org