C-1 Visa (Temporary News Coverage)
1. Eligible Applicants
You are eligible to apply for the temporary journalism visa(C-1) if you are
Foreigners who want to engage in temporary news coverage or report activities on the basis of a contract with the foreign media. Foreigners who want to engage in temporary activities for the establishment of foreign-news branch office. When a foreigner who entered Korea with this status is scheduled to be stationed in a newly established-branch office, he/she may be permitted to change his/her status of sojourn to residence reporters (D-5).
2. Required Documents
※ If necessary, Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Melbourne may ask an applicant to submit more documents than required.
- A completed and signed visa application form (Please find the attached)
* One colour photograph taken within the last 6 months to be attached to the form
Size : 3.5cm x 4.5cm
White or off-white background
- Original passport (must have at least 6 months validity left)
- Visa application fee (Please find the attached)
* Payment method: Money order issued by Australia Post (Payee: Korean Consulate General in Melbourne) OR in Cash
- A JP(Justice of the Peace) certified copy of your international press card OR a document confirming your current employment status and overseas assignment
- A self-addressed prepaid express post platinum envelope from the post office for return of your passport (Optional)
* Please note that the Consulate General in Melbourne strongly advises all applicants to receive the passport by using a safer delivery option which offers both tracking and signature on delivery (like Express Post Platinum), in order to minimise the possibility of loss.
* Also, all applicants are advised to take a note of the tracking numbers for future reference.
3. Visa Processing Time: approximately 7 working days
※ We do not return visa documents once submitted.
4. Mailing Address/ Contact Details
※ If you are in VIC, you need to contact the Consulate General in Melbourne for your visa inquiries and visa application.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Melbourne
Level 10, 636 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004
Phone : (03) 9533 3800
E-mail : email@example.com
※ If you are in ACT, SA, WA or TAS, you need to lodge your visa application to the Korean Embassy in Canberra.
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Canberra
113 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla ACT 2600
Phone: (02) 6270 4100
※ If you are in NSW,QLD or NT, you need to contact the Consulate General in Sydney for your visa inquiries and visa application.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Sydney
Level 10, 44 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000 (Mailing Address: P.O. Box Q506 QVB NSW 1230)
Phone : (02) 9210 0200