Due to the large volume of calls and e-mails we receive daily, we are unable to answer any inquiries over the phone.
Please read carefully the step by step guidline below. If you call our office, we will refer you to this guideline.
Visa to teach English in Korea at a private educational institute/academy (hak-won) OR at a public/private school that will give you a visa issuance number (does not apply if you're teaching in a public school - EPIK/TALK)
1. Only after you have received a visa issuance number and a finalized contract with duration of contract and signature from both parties, you may apply to the Korean Consulate in person or by post.
2. Please bring (or mail in) the following list of items:
- Passport - you must send your actual passport for us to attach the visa onto it
- Photocopy of passport
- Filled out visa application (download from the website's main page) with visa issuance number written in
- $78 application fee in cash or Money Order
- Passport photo taken in person by commercial photographer within the last 6 months
* Either Canadian passport sized (50mm x 70mm) or Korean passport sized(35mm x 45mm) photo acceptable
* If you're sending them in by post, you must send the documents by trackable Xpresspost envelope(Sold by CanadaPost) and include self-addressed Xpresspost for us to return the documents. We will not track the package for you. Please take note of the tracking number & calculate the additional 2-5 days that will take due to post in addition to 10 business days. Please also clearly write your name, complete return address and phone number on the "TO" section of the return envelop. We are not responsible for missing packages due to an imcomplete address.
Attention: Visa Department
Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto
555 Avenue Road, Toronto, ON. M4V 2J7
Visa Processing Time & Application Status
Due to the large volume of calls, we are unable to check your application status by phone. Visa processing time is 10 business days from date of receipt.
We will only contact you if:
- you omitted some documents or fee,
- we require additional documents,
- if we require an interview,
- if your application will take longer than 10 business days,
- and/or if your application is denied.
In the above cases, we will make 1-2 attempts to reach you by phone or e-mail. If we do not contact you, please assume your visa will be ready in 10 business days and you may either pick up your passport 10 business days from your application or expect return mail to be sent out for delivery (please use your tracking number to check onwww.canadapost.ca.
Korean Consulate does not have an express service for visa application. Please do not inquire about express service and please do not buy plane tickets for least 10-15 business days after the date of your visa application. We are not responsible for flight cancellations or modifications.
Please note that the Korean Consulate receives an extreme number of inquiries by phone and e-mail and as such, we do not answer any visa inquiries by phone.
※ Please read the visa guidelines carefully and if you have any additional questions, please visit our visa-specific website at www.visa.go.kr. You can search what kind of visa you need, as well as required documents and fees by your nationality, length of stay, and purpose of stay.
If you still have questions, send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your e-mail will be answered in priority sequence and we will try our best to respond in 5 business days. However, please note we will NOT respond to inquiries that are already answered above, anywhere else on our website, or on visa.go.kr.