Please note that the Korean Consulate receives an extreme number of inquiries by phone and e-mail and as such, we do not answer any transit visa inquiries by phone.
※ Please read the visa guidelines carefully and if you have any additional questions, please visit our visa-specific website at www.visa.go.kr. If you are not eligible for Tourist/Transit, you can search what kind of visa you need, as well as required documents and fees by your nationality, length of stay, and purpose of stay.
Transit Visa (General) B-2-1
If you satisfy any of the following conditions, you can travel to or transit through Korea without a visa. You will be able to stay for up to 30 days in Korea.
1) Transit Tourists Travelling to a Third Country
- You transit through Korea on your way to the United States (excluding Guam and Saipan), Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and hold a valid visa (including re-entry permit, but excluding e-visa or Japanese Group visa) issued by the aforementioned countries.
- You transit through Korea on your way to a third country or the country of nationality via direct flight from the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to Korea after legally staying in these respective countries.
-> Most Chinese nationalities residing in Canada belong to this category.
Simply put, if you have a visa (study permit, work permit, permanent residency, etc.) from United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, you can transit through & stay in Korea for 30 days, but Korea may NOT be your final destination.
* exceptions: e-visa or Japanese group visa
* No visa required
- Canada -> Korea -> China
- China -> Korea -> Canada
* Visa required
- Canada -> Korea -> Canada
- China -> Korea -> China
- Canada -> China -> Korea -> China -> Canada
2) Transit Tourists Travelling to Europe
You are a Chinese traveller holding a valid visa (including permanent residency) of 30 European countries as well as an airplane ticket to your final destination
※ If there is a direct flight from the respective countries, a passenger must use that flight to come to Korea.
3) Transit Tourists
You participate in the Transfer Tourism Program for a third country or the country of nationality, and transit through Korea.
Transit Visa (Jeju Island) B-2-2
Person planning to visit the Jeju Island for tour or transit within 30 days will be able to enter Korea without visa.