The Korean Consulate in Toronto accepts visa applications only from current residents of Ontario and Manitoba
and all mail-in applicants must reside 2-3 hours far away from the Toronto area.
** All visa applicants must be physically present in our jurisdictions (Maitoba and Ontario) at the time of application. It is illegal to ship your passport overseas.
Visa processing takes 10 business days from the date your complete application package is received. Please take into account the shipping time (check on canadapost.ca according to your location) and track your package and return package on canadapost.ca
** We are unable to confirm visa processing status over the phone and also is not responsible for returning any missent documents via mail. The consulate is also not responsible for any delivery or postal accident.
Mailing address should be correctly stated as follows:
Attention: Visa Office
Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto
555 Avenue Road
Toronto, ON M4V 2J7 Tel (416.920.3809)
Additional instructions for All MAIL-IN Visa applicants:
1. A photocopy of Ontario or Manitoba driver's license or other documents (i.e. bills) to prove your residency.
2. A prepaid XpressPost self-addressed return envelope (Canada Post only). Keep your tracking number
(i.e. LT 123 456 789 CA) for your package you are sending to our office AND your return envelope.
We will not track your package for you.
* Envelopes from other couriers such as DHL, Fedex, Purolator, and UPS will not be accepted.
3. Money order (made to "Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto") only.
** The applicant needs to send the exact amount of fee since the consulate is not responsible
for returning any change via mail.
4. Please answer ALL sections on the visa application form and sign and date on the last page.
5. For all visa applications, you MUST send in your actual passport so that we examine it and
when approve for visa, we attach the visa onto the passport. It will be returned to you
in the return envelope.
6. For non-Canadians only: original AND a photocopy of Permanent Resident Card or Canadian visa
(i.e. study permit or work permit).
Alternatively, a photocopy of the above documents which have been notarized within our jurisdiction
(Ontario, Manitoba) will be accepted for mail-in without submitting original documents.
7. Please prepare additional documents as stated in each individual visa guideline.
* If you need to receive any documents back from the consulate, you have to inquire it on the application form.
* If you are sending in something that is notarized as part of your application,
the following elements MUST be included by the Notary Public or Lawyer:
- Official Cover Letter of the Notary Public
- Date of Notarization (valid if notarized within the last 6 months)
- Official Seal of the Notary Public
- Full name of the Notary Public
- Signature of the Notary Public
- Full contact information of the Notary Public including telephone number and address
※ Please note that the visa office cannot be reached by phone to confirm/verify information presented on the website as we recieve an extreme volume of calls. In order to ensure all visas are being processed in a speedy manner, we ask that you read the information on our website carefully. If there is a problem with your application, we will give you a call.
Last updated: April 01, 2019