VISA FREE ENTRY FOR TOURISTS(TRANSIT) OF INDIA, INDONESIA, PHILIPPINES and VIETNAM NATIONALITIES
Telephone Inquiries: Please note that the Korean Consulate receives an extreme number of inquiries by phone and e-mail and as such, we are unable to answer any transit Visa inquiries by phone. Please read the informaion below carefully.
NOTE: Applicants with the above nationalities WHO HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCE STATUS IN CANADA(or any other Visa status) DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFY FOR A VISA FREE ENTRY. .
※If you do not qualify under any Visa Free category below, refer to the Visa Guideline for instructions on applying for a C3 short-term Visa.
Transit Visa (General) B-2-1
If you satisfy any of the following conditions, you can travel to or transit through Korea without a visa. You will be able to stay for up to 30 days in Korea.
1) Transit Tourists Travelling to a Third Country
- You transit through Korea on your way to the United States (excluding Guam and Saipan), Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and hold a valid visa (including re-entry permit(permanent residency), but excluding e-visa or Japanese Group visa) issued by the aforementioned countries.
- You transit through Korea on your way to a third country or the country of nationality via direct flight from the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to Korea after legally staying in these respective countries.
-------> Most residing in Canada belong to this category.
Simply put, if you have a visa (study permit, work permit, permanent residency, etc.) from United States, Japan, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, you can transit through & stay in Korea for 30 days, but Korea may NOT be your final destination. (* exceptions: e-visa)
* No visa required (MAY REPLACE INDIA, INDONESIA and VIETNAM FOR PHILIPPINES)
- Canada -> Korea -> Philippines
- Philippines -> Korea -> Canada
* Visa required
- Canada -> Korea -> Canada
- Philippines-> Korea -> China
- Canada -> Philippines-> Korea -> Philippines-> Canada
*Must have a confirmed onward, DIRECT-ROUTED(no stopovers in other countries) flight ticket for departure within 30 days of the arrival in Korea, in addition to having no record of criminal offence in U.S., Canada, Australia, or New Zealand. You must also confirm the transit regulations with your airline carrier prior to traveling.
2) Transit Tourists Travelling to Europe
You are a Chinese traveller holding a valid visa (including permanent residency) of 30 European countries as well as an airplane ticket to your final destination
※ If there is a direct flight from the respective countries, a passenger must use that flight to come to Korea.
3) Transit Tourists
You participate in the Transfer Tourism Program for a third country or the country of nationality, and transit through Korea.
Transit Visa (Jeju Island) B-2-2
Person planning to visit the Jeju Island for tour or transit within 30 days will be able to enter Korea without visa.