*Refer to each Visa category for the required documents.*
Additional Instructions for all mail-in Visa Applicants.
Please note that the Visa office cannot be reached by phone to confirm/verify information presented on the website as we recieve an extreme volume of calls. In order to ensure all visas are being processed in a speedy manner, we ask that you read the information on our website carefully. If your application is incomplte, we will contact you as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: -All Visa applicants must be physically present within our jurisdictions(British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon, and Northwest Territories) at the time of application. It is unlawful to ship your passport overseas.
Mail-in Visa processing time: About 10- 14 business days
Please take into account the shipping time and track your incoming and return package on canadapost.ca. We are unable to confirm Visa processing status on the phone due to a large amount of call volume.
-All submitted supporting documents will not be returned back to the applicants unless specified otherwise. Your passport, PR card,Visa documents(permits) will be returned back to you.
-Incomplete applicatoin package may be returned back to you without processing.
Mailing address should be correctly stated as follows: Attention: Visa Office Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Vancouver #1600-1090 West Georgia Street Vancouver, BC V6E 3V7
Additional instructions for All MAIL-IN Visa applicants
1. Driver's license or other documents(ex. bills) to prove your residency. (a photocopy) √
2. A prepaid X-press(or priority)self-addressed return envelope (Canada Post only). √
* Keep your tracking number (i.e.LT123 456 789 CA) to track your packages on the Canada Post website. √
* Return envelopes from other couriers such as DHL,Fedex, or UPS will NOT be accepted.
3. Money order only (wrtie to the Korean Consulate). √
4. Sign and date your application form(last page) √
5. For non-Canadians only: original AND a photocopy of Permanent Resident Card or Permits. √
Alternatively, a photocopy of these documents which have been notarized within our jurisdiction (BC, AB, SK, YK, & NWT) will be accepted.
* The following items MUST be included by the Notary Public on the notorized document:
- Date of Notarization (valid if notarized within the last 6 months)
- Official Seal of the Notary Public
- Full name and Signature of the Notary Public
- Full contact information of the Notary Public including telephone number and address.