-Processing time: Minimum 7 business days (VARIABLE)
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants must have been issued a Visa Issuance Number(VIN) from Korea at the time of application for an E2-1 private school Visa application at the Consulate in Vancouver. (Example of VIN:SUBO12345678) Please contact Hi Korea below or your employer for all inquiries on obtaining a Visa Issuance Number.
IMPORTATN NOTE: Should the applicants choose to make flight reservations before the issuance of a Visa, please consider that no Express Services are available at this time and the Consulate is unable to guarantee the processing time or Visa approval over the phone.
-Visa Application Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 12 pm (Noon)
-Visa Pick-up Hours: Monday to Friday 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm (except holidays)
(Please bring a government issued photo ID and the applicant's pick up slip)
*No appointments are required.
Address: 1600-1090 West Georgia St. Vancouver. British Columbia. Canada. V6E 3V7
-You may apply in person to ensure fast processing. You may alternatively apply by mailing in your complete application package, but please allow extra time both ways for mail delivery. We are not responsible for lost or delayed documents you send via post. You must read the mail-in instructions for additional items required. Incomplete postal application may be returned back to you at the applicant's expense without Visa issuance.
E2 VISA (Private schools only):Long-term(>90 days) to teach a foreign language at private schools
1. Be a citizen of a country where English is the primary language:
USA/ Canada/ Australia/ New Zealand/ England/ Ireland and South Africa only
2. Applicant must be a native speaker or have studied from the junior high level (7th grade) and
resided for at least 10 years or more in the country where English is the primary language
3. Applicant must graduate and hold at least a Bachelor's degree from an accredited school.
A degree from a French-speaking University is not a sufficient qualification to teach English.
A temporary degree or graduation letter from University is not acceptable.
*E2 Visa applicants can apply for their visa at the consulate in either their own country or any other country.If non-Canadian, you need to have legal status in Canada (ex. work permit, study permit or PR card).
Required Items: (*After obtaining a Visa Issuance number from Korea)
1. Complete Visa application form with a Visa issuance number and your phone number clearly stated on the top.
2. One passport-type colour photo
(white background, must be taken within the last 6 months by a commercial photographer
with the date stamp on the back)
3. Original and a photocopy of passport (remaining validity of at least 6 months)
4. For non-Canadians only: original and a photocopy of either permanent resident card, work permit,
or study permit
5. Visa fee: Cdn $78 (cash or money order only), Cdn $70.20 for U.S. passport holders
Mailing your application to the Consulate?
Click Here for Mail-In Instructions for All Visa Applicants.
"Hi Korea" stands for Government for Foreigners. This site provides comprehensive information for foreigners who want to visit or live in Korea, including guide on immigration to the Republic of Korea.