1. Background for the scheme
With the full-fledged implementation of i-Prechecking system scheduled during the first half of 2017, the new scheme is designed to help successfully support the i-Prechecking system and immigration services for the eligible foreigners in a stable way, by switching the current visa-free policy beneficiaries of frequent visits into multiple entry visa eligible persons.
ㅇ (Eligibility Requirements)
- Those who have made visits to Korea more than 4 times within the recent 2 years at the time of application or,
- Those who have visited Korea more than 10 times in total
※ At least one of the visits must be within the recent 2 years.
ㅇ (Ineligibility) The followings are not for consideration.
- Nationals of China, Cuba, Macedonia, Kosovo, and Syria of Non visa exempt countries.
- Those who have been fined more than 5 million Korean won or have been given deportation or departure order in violation of the domestic law such as illegal stay within 3 years at the time of application.
※ Those issued multiple visas under the above mentioned conditions, if found ineligible for the requirements, will have their visas nullified.
3. Assesment standards of immigration record
- One entry and departure is counted in as one immigration record
- Visa-free entry or re-entry records of registered aliens are included
※ However, immigration records arising from simple labor visas such as Non-professional(E-9, E-10, seasonal worker), crew and landing permit are excluded.
4. Application Procedure
ㅇ Apply at overseas Korean consulate or Embassy
- (Documentation) Application, Passport, One photo, * Visa fees are exempted.
※ Applicants may be required to submit additional documents if necessary.
5. Examination Criteria and visa issuance details
ㅇ (Examination Criteria)
- Reviews on whether the applicants meet the qualifications
- Reviews on whether the requirements for immigration records are fulfilled
ㅇ (Visa issuance details)
- Short-term-General (C-3-1) : Valid for 5 years with the maximum length of stay of 30 days
6. Enforcement date
ㅇ Effective from March 1st, 2017