D-2 (Exchange Student Program) Visa
※ You are eligible to apply for a D-2 student
visa if you are
Study and research at educational․academic
institutions (community college or higher)
※ D-2 visa can be provided as a single
※ If you received Visa
Issuance Confirmation Number ※
You need to download and fill in the
application form for visa issuance number holder, 1 photo, passport,
Visa Issuance Confirmation Certificate and fee ONLY (Visa Issuance
Confirmation Number is NOT a Certificate of Admission.
※ List of Mandatory Required
documents for D-2 Visa applicant:
1. Visa Application Form (attached file on
this article, do NOT use online form) filled out by hand, 1 color passport photo
(do not print by yourself)
2. Passport (Should be valid at least 6 months)
3. Visa application fees are as follows
(2020.1.1.~, Please find the attached file($1=0.88 Euros) for an exceptional
country fee. If your country is not listed from the file, it means your fee is
Single Visa for less than 90days of
Single Visa for more than 90days of
4. Official Certificate of Admission from
host university from Korea (please bring the original certificate AND
5. A copy of residence permit card (if you
are other nationality living in Finland/Estonia)
6. "Certificate of Registration"
Documents proving that you have completed at least one semester (proof of enrollment or transcript of records issued by your university in your country, original document, stamped and signed)
7. Certificate of business registration (사업자등록증명) of the host university.
8. Other required documents (please
It is also possible that Embassy may
require additional documents from the applicant if seen necessary.
※ Additional Documents (Type A~D)
!!! Notice !!!
For the students applying for University that has below 1% of
the rate of illegal alien, you do not need any other additional documents,
which means that you can only submit the mandatory
documents 1~5 above.
For the students applying for the
school that is a accredited University (IEQAS) approved by Ministry of
Education and you are Finnish/Estonian nationality, you
do not need any other additional documents (other nationality students, please
contact the Embassy beforehand).
Please ask your university in person to check that the
University you are going to is IEQAS Universities or has
the below 1% of the rate of illegal alien before you are going to apply
A. If you are going to study Associate degree, Bachelor's degree, Master's
degree, Ph.D (D-2-2~4)
8. Documents proving the final level of education (original document, stamped
9. Documents proving your financial ability to support yourself (tuition fee
and finance for stay for a year, indicated from Certificate of
Admission), personal bank account (original document issued by bank,
stamped and signed)
※ If your parents will support the financial costs, you need to submit a
population certificate in order to prove that the person is your family member.
B. If you are going to study Specific Program
8. Documents proving your current level of education (original document,
stamped or signed)
9. Documents proving funds for stay (Personal bank account balance
statement (original document issued by bank, stamped and signed), Research
Allowance Confirmation, ect)
C. If you are going to Exchange Students (D-2-6)
8. Documents proving personal finance for stay (the amount of costs
indicated from Certificate of Admission). It can be a personal bank
account balance sheet (original document issued by bank, stamped and
signed) or certificate of scholarship/government aid that proves ability
to finance stay in Korea.
9. Recommendation letter issued by your university in your country. (Original
document, stamped and signed)
※ A letter of recommendation is not a letter of confirmation or
10. Documents proving that you are an exchange student (official document,
student exchange agreement between universities)
※ If you are going to go to
lower level than University (ex. high school) OR study Korean language for
longer than 90days,
Please check D-4 Visa.
If you go to study Korean language less
than 90days (when the school does not provide an official certificate of
admission), you need to apply for C-3 visa. If you are a Finnish/Estonian, you
do not need to apply for a visa.