Address : Erottajankatu 7A 4th. 00130 Helsinki
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org (Before you send email, Please read visa information carefully on website)
Hours : Monday~Friday 09:00~11:30
(In addition to the official Finnish holidays, the embassy is closed on the 1st of March, 15th of August, 3rd of October and 9th of October.)
(For Visa applications, please visit till 11:30)
You can send it by e-mail. Then Please leave your contact number on e-mail for reservation >
Note: Finnish and Estonian passport holders (visa waiver countries) can enter Korea without a visa as long as the purpose of their visit is tourism or temporary visit(less than 90days). If they want to engage in profitable activities such as employment or stay longer than 90days, they must apply for a Korean visa suitable for their purpose.
Please check the attached file('VisaWaverEn') to find Countries under Visa Waiver Agreements with Korea. Nationals of visa waiver countries can enter Korea without a visa as long as the purpose of their visit is tourism or temporary visit. If they want to engage in profitable activities such as employment, they must apply for a Korean visa suitable for their purpose.
1) What type of VISA should I apply?
- Please visit Immigration Service webpage in order to find:
2) How to apply for VISA?
- You can apply for VISA by visiting at the Embassy (open Mon.-Fri 9:00~11:30) OR by post.
★Due to Estonia's post regulation, we DO NOT ACCEPT Estonia's post application with cash enclosed. (2018.6.10~)★ ☞Click here ★
If you want to apply/receive one's passport by post, please enclose/bring a return envelope that has been paid at the post office. (Please remember writing your address on a registered mail slip, and put enough stamps(about 15euros) with tracking number including. If there is no tracking number, we will not accept it.). For applicants from Finland, please enclose the exact amount of cash, we do not enclose the changes due to lost.
3) How long does Visa process take?
- Handling process takes 7 working days.(If you apply a visa on 7.6(Fri.), you can pick it up on 18.6(Tue.) if there is any delay.)
- We only send notification in person when it is delayed. You can stop by the Embassy to pick up the passport after 7 working days of the date marked on your receipt.
- Due to COVID-19, It takes 2 weeks.
※ If you receive your passport by post, please notice the process time doesn't include delivery time of Finnish post service.
※ We DO NOT have Express process service. However, ONLY when there is an emergency case, we can provide a visa faster than the process time. For emergency case, please bring the document proving (flight tickets, etc.)
4) What to submit for VISA?
List of mandatory required documents
1. Visa Application Form(attached file on this article, do NOT use online form) filled out by hand, 1 color passport photo(do not print by yourself)
2. Passport (Should be valid at least 6 months)
3. Visa application fees are as follows. (1.7.2020~, for a Finnish&Estonian citizen, other nationalities, please find the attached file: $1=0.90uros)
- Single entry visa for a stay of no more than 90 days: 36.00 EUR
- Single entry visa for a stay of more than 90 days: 54.00 EUR
- Double entry visa: 63.00 EUR
- Multiple entry visa: 81.00 EUR (Only for certain purpose)
※Visa fees vary depending on nationality (Check the attached file and Euro price is multiple 0.90 euros from the fee)
※We only accept cash. You can also transfer the fee to Embassy account in advance. More info-> click here.
4. Other possible relevant documents
(It may differ according to the types of stay, see "Visa Requirement category")
5. A copy of the residence permit (Should be valid at least 6 months) (If you are a foreigner in Finland or Estonia)
※ If you recieved Visa Issuance Confirmation Number(provided by invitor/school), you need the application form with visa issuance confirmation number, 1 photo, passport and fee ONLY.
※ NOTE ※
1. A Single Entry Visa is valid for 3 months. You can apply for a visa earliest 3 months prior to the day of your entry.
2. Please read all the instructions carefully and fill in the form completely. Your application will be assessed based on the documentation submitted. If there is not enough space to complete any of the sections, please attach an additional sheet. Please note that unsigned visa applications will not be accepted. We do not accept online application form.
3. 3rd person can also submit the application, but application form must be signed by applicant.
4. Handling of application starts when all the documents have been submitted and the fee is paid.
5. We kindly ask all applicants to pay in exact sum in cash. During a busy time, we are short of changes.
6. Visa section at the Embassy is open at 9:00 to 11:30 strictly. Please kindly keep operation time.
7. Please note that you may be required to submit more documents if it is a special case or when there is a good reason to view the applicant's purpose of entry in detail.
8. If applicant cannot come in person, a person who will pick up the passport should bring the receipt and an attorney letter written and signed by applicant.
9. If applying your visa is not approved, we do not refund your visa fee.
We do not answer visa-related inquiries by phone.