The Korean National Police Agency (KNPA) is providing Criminal Records Certificates (CRC) according to below procedure. Please note that you can only apply for CRC in order to submit to governmental organization.
- Korean nationals living abroad
- Foreign nationals who lived in Korea in the past.
※ Korean nationals as well as foreigners who currently live in Korea can request this service through local police stations.(tel: +82-2-3150-1960~1)
2. Required Documents
- 1pc of Application
- Photo in 6 months (3×4㎝)
- Passport and 1 photo copy of the passport (if you are foreigner, bring your passport when you were in Korea)
※ You can fill out Application in the embassy.
1) You must come to the Embassy(Erottajankatu 7 A, 00130 Helsinki Finland) with above documents, fill out an application form.
※We may not accept your application depends on the purpose and agency you will submit the certificate. For example if you wish to submit the certificate to a company for a job. We will not accept the application.
※ You should write down your current address(or address you lived) in Korea
2) Completed Form MUST BE CERTIFIED by Korean Embassy personnel with a seal or stamp. Register your application with required documents.
※ CR is Sensitive information by Private Act, certifying step must be done
3) When your CR is ready after 2-3 days after applying, Embassy will contact you to pick up the paper. Visit the Embassy to pick up your CRC or you can request mailing service it only if your residence is distant. For mailing service you need to bring a self-Addressed Envelope with stamps when you apply CRC in the embassy.
※ Issuance is Only for the person registered. If you use mailing service, destination is the home address in the application
4. Phone No. of Identification Office in KNPA, Korea. : +82-2-3150-2676
To check the status of the CRC please call Korean Embassy(+358-9-2515-000) or call above number.
※ Documents you presented to Diplomatic offices are not allowed to return.