APPLICATION FOR BACKGROUND CHECK (CRIMINAL RECORDS) CERTIFICATE
The Korean National Police Agency (KNPA) is providing Background Check (Criminal Records) Certificates(BCC) according to below procedure.
- Korean nationals living abroad
- Foreign nationals who lived in Korea in the past.
- ※ Korean nationals as well as foreigners who currently live in Korea can request this service through local police stations. (tel: +82-2-3150-1960~1)
2. Required Documents
- 1 Application (download from the link in article 3 )
- 1 Standard Passport Photo taken within 6 month (3×4㎝)
- Current Passport
* if you had and used different passports when you were in Korea please provide them with current passport.
- 1 Self-Addressed Envelope with stamp (If you want to receive the certificate by post)
- ※ You can fill out Application in the Embassy
※ Documents you presented to Diplomatic offices are not allowed to return(except your passports)
1) You must come to the Embassy with documents above, fill out an application form.(APPLICATION FOR BACKGROUND CHECK (CRIMINAL RECORDS) CERTIFICATE) ,EXAMPLE.jpg Please note. We do not accept applications by post
※ Opening hours (Mon-Fri: 9:00-12:00, 14:00-16:00 ,except bank holidays), No appointment needed.
※You need to fill out most sections in the form.
※ We may not accept your application depends on the purpose and agency you will submit the certificate
※ We do not issue any certificates for Identification purpose(e.g. for a job in UK)
[ ACT ON THE LAPSE OF CRIMINAL SENTENCES, Article 6 (Reference to Criminal Records and Investigation Records, and Restrictions on Reply Thereto, etc.]
2) Completed Form MUST BE CERTIFIED by Korean Embassy personnel with a seal or stamp. Register your application with required documents
※ BC is Sensitive information by Private Act, certifying step must be done
※ We do not issue any confirmation letter for your application
3) After 1 or more weeks later you registered, ask about status of your BCC, visit Embassy to pick up your BCC or you can request mailing service if your residence is distant. For mailing service you need to bring a self-Addressed Envelope with stamps when you apply BCC in the embassy
※ Issuance is only for the person registered. If you use mailing service, destination is the home address in the application
4. Phone No. of Identification Office in KNPA, Korea. : +82-2-3150-2676
To check the status of the CRC please call Korean Embassy(02072275505) or call above number. END.