Background Check (Criminal Records) Certificates Issuance
o The Korean National Police Agency (KNPA) is providing Background Check (Criminal Records) Certificates BCC according to below procedure.
o The KNPA does not issue BCC at the request of private companies. The KNPA will only issue BCC in certain circumstances such as for visa purposes or public organizations.
- Korean nationals living abroad
- Foreign nationals who lived in Korea in the past.
※ Korean nationals as well as foreigners who currently live in Korea can request this service through local police stations.(tel: +82-2-3150-1960~1)
2. Required Documents
Applicant must visit the Korean Embassy for apply BCC Issuance.
- Application form (at Attached file)
- Color photo in 6 months (3×4㎝)
- Copy of Passport (if you are foreigner, bring your passport when in Korea)
- Copy of Alien Registration Card OR Copy of Alien Registration Certification
- Self-addressed Envelop with stamp (wish to receive by post)
※ Applicants can fill out application forms at the Korean Embassy.
※ Documents applicant presented to Korean Embassy in Ireland are not allowed to return.
1) Visit the Korean Embassy in Ireland with above documents, fill out an application form.
※ You should write down your current address(or address you lived) in Korea.
2) Completed form MUST BE CERTIFIED by Korean Embassy personnel with a seal or stamp. Register your application with required documents.
※ Criminal records is sensitive information by Private Act, certifying step must be done.
3) After 2~3 weeks later you registered, ask about status of your BCC, visit Korean Embassy in Ireland to pick up your BCC or you can receive it by post.
※ Issuance is Only for the person registered. If you use mailing service, destination is the home address in the application.
- To check the status of the BCC please call Korean embassy in Ireland(Tel: 01 660 8800), or call to Identification Office in KNPA, Korea(Tel: +82-2-3150-2676)
BCC Application Form