HOW TO APPLY THE 'BACKGROUND CHECK (CRIMINAL RECORDS) CERTIFICATE'
The Korean National Police Agency (KNPA) is providing Background Check(Criminal Records) Certificate
according to below procedure.
- Korean nationals living abroad
- Foreign nationals who lived in Korea in the past.
※ Korean nationals as well as foreigners who currently live in Korea can request this
service through local police stations.(tel: +82-2-3150-1960~1)
2. Required Documents
- Application for Background Check(Criminal Records) Certificate(Attached File)
- A Photo in 6 months(3×4㎝)
- A Valid Passport
- A Passport you used in Korea
- A Copy of your Foreign Registration card or a copy of your Korean Visa
※ You can fill out Application in Diplomatic Offices.
1) Visit Diplomatic Offices(Korean Embasy or Korean Consulate General) with above documents, fill out an application form.
※ You should write down your current address(or address you lived) in Korea
2) Completed Form MUST BE CERTIFIED by Korean Consulate General personnel with a seal or stamp. Register your application with required documents.
※ PCC is Sensitive information by Private Act, certifying step must be done
3) The status of your PCC will be replied from KNPA in 7 working days.
※ Issuarance is Only for the person registered. If you use mailing service, destination should be the home address in the application form.
4) To check the status of the PCC, Please call us with our office number.
※ Documents you presented to Diplomatic offices are not allowed to return.