Applications for the Korean Cultural Festival 2019 (K-POP World Festival and Quiz on Korea) are finally open.
As we have previously announced, the Preliminary rounds for K-POP World Festival and Quiz on Korea 2019 will be held on June 9 at Bishop‘s College this year. Please refer to the information below for more details.
o National Preliminary Round for Quiz on Korea 2019
Show your interest and knowledge about Korean culture and language at Quiz on Korea in Sri Lanka 2019, which will be held on June 9, 2019 at Bishop’s College! The winner will be granted with an opportunity to go to the Final round of the Quiz on Korea to be held in October in Korea.
1. Application deadline :
send us your application to email@example.com by Midnight(24:00) Friday, April 19, 2019
Please submit a copy of the TOPIK certificate, if you have any.
* If there are too many applications, the embassy will take a decision on the number of participants, if necessary.
2. Eligibility :
- Anyone who is 18 years old or older
- Anyone that him/herself or his/her family members has/have not obtained Korean nationality
- Anyone who speaks Korean
- Anyone who has not participated in the Final rounds of Quiz on Korea (Anyone who has participated in the preliminary round is still eligible)
- Anyone who does not have any problem with staying in Korea during the final round period
- Anyone who is knowledgeable about Korea
- Anyone who is interested in Korea, Korean language and culture in general
3. Benefits for national preliminary round winner :
Airplane Ticket, living expenses during one's stay in Korea, etc.
4. Types of questions :
The questions are all about Korea(Korean tradition, culture, entertainment and language, etc) The types of questions would include “Yes-no question”, “multiple-choice”, “short-answer”, etc.
* Please refer to the video of Quiz on Korea in 2018 to get some idea on the types of questions : http://youtu.be/SBubnqr0DqQ
5. Language :
The official language during the event will be Korean. (If necessary, some questions will be presented both in Korean and English)
Thank you for your interest and support.