Asia & Oceania
A Korean embassy or consulate can issue two types of visa: a short-term visa for the visitor who wants to stay up to 90 days or a special long-term visa for periods longer than 90 days. A visitor with a special long-term visa is required to apply for alien registration at a local immigration office within 90 days of arrival.
|Incheon Airport||(+82-32)740-7013, (+82-32)740-7030|
|Gimhae Airport||(+82-51)972-1610, (+82-51)972-1615|
A written baggage declaration must be submitted to a customs official upon entry. Passengers must clear customs through either green, white, or red channels. Passengers who have no items to declare, and those declaring non-duty-free articles should use the white channel. Those who are suspected of making false declarations or of carrying prohibited articles will be directed to the red channel. If a passenger declares non-duty-free articles voluntarily, the declared amount will be accepted and the clearance procedure will be expedited.
- Visitor's (non-resident's) goods which will be taken out of Korea upon departure.(The total quantity of the goods should be declared for duty exemption.)
- Goods which were declared upon departure from Korea and are being brought back.
- Goods totaling US $400 or less which were purchased or acquired outside Korea.
- 1 bottle (not over 1 liter) of alcoholic beverages
- 200 cigarettes (50 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco)
- 2 ounces of perfume
|Seoul Branch (Incheon Int'l Airport)||(+82-32)740-2630|
Passengers who carry any plants or soil including fruits (mango, orange, papaya, etc.), vegetables, seeds, orchids, nursery stock or cut flowers, etc., must describe the items and immediately declare them upon arrival. If you have any question about plant quarantine, please contact the National Plant Quarantine Service[Tel: (+82-31)449-0524]
Import restricted items and areas
- Fresh fruits, such as mango, orange, papaya, cherry, etc.: all countries
- Nursery stock of apples, grapes, etc.: most European countries
- Walnut fruit and kernels: most countries
- Soil or plants with soil: all countries
|Seoul Branch (Incheon Int'l Airport)||(+82-32)740-2072|