Korean Speech Contest 2019
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Sweden is organizing “Korean Speech Contest 2019” as follows.
All the residents in Sweden interested in the Korean language are most welcomed to participate in the “Korean Speech Contest 2018”.
o Date: October 19 (Sat.) 14:00
o Venue: IOGT-NTO-gården i Klara
Klara Södra Kyrkogata 20 (3rd floor)
o Organized by The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Sweden in cooperation with the Koreanska Skolan and Stockholm University (Korean Studies)
o Application for Participation
- Application form: attached
- Submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: September 13 (Sun.)
- Announcement of participants: The participants will be selected following review of applications, and the list of participants will be announced on the Embassy website in early October.
o Eligibility for participation: Residents in Sweden (No age limit)
- (1) Any participant's native language should NOT be Korean.
- (2) It is NOT eligible to participate in the contest if both of the participant's parents speak Korean as a native language.
- (3) It is eligible to participate in the contest if only one of the participant's parents speaks Korean as a native language.
- (4) Anyone who won the 1st prize in any of the previous contests organized by the Embassy within two years is NOT eligible to participate in the contest.
o Competition Divisions and Sections
- There are two Divisions with two Sections each (four Sections in total). Each Section will be assigned with up to 6 participants after reviewing the applications, but the final number of the participants in each Section will be determined considering all the circumstances including the number of applications, evaluation of applications, etc.
- Divisions and Sections
(1) Division I: None of the participant's parents speaks Korean as a native language
- Section A: Speaking(Speech without looking at the script)
- Section B: Reading(Reading the Korean script which is prepared and written by the participant oneself)
(2) Division II: Only one of the participant's parents speaks Korean as a native language
- Section C: Speaking(Speech without looking at the script)
- Section D: Reading(Reading the Korean script which is prepared and written by the participant oneself)
o Topics: It is recommended that participants select topics related to Korea.
※ Here are some examples of topics(but, not limited to these).
- Presenting Korea to Swedes, Presenting Sweden to Koreans, Similarities and Differences between Korea and Sweden, My favorite Korean Food and Why I like it, My travel Experience in Korea, How to promote cultural exchange between Korea and Sweden, Why K-Pop is popular, My favorite Korean film and director, etc.)
o Presentation time: up to 5 minutes
o Prizes and Certificates
- For each Section, First, Second and Third place winners will be awarded a certificate of merit. In addition, First place winners in Section A (Division I – Speaking) will receive a round-trip flight ticket to Korea.
- Each participant in the contest will receive a certificate of participation and a gift.
★ Important notice about the flight ticket (First place winners in Section A (Division I – Speaking))
- (1) The flight ticket must be used from January 2020 to April 2020. (Ticketing must be completed by the end of December 2019.)
- (2) The flight ticket will be cancelled if the winner oneself cannot use it within the given period mentioned above.
- (3) The ticketing method and any price limit will be discussed and decided reasonably and economically between the winner and the sponsor. (Sponsor of First prizes: Korea Tourism Organization(KTO) London Office)
- (4) The First prize winner must submit her/his travel review to the Embassy (email@example.com) within a month after returning home.
ㅇ Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 08 5458 9406.