< 14 days quarantine for all inbound travellers entering Korea >
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, all inbound travellers (including returning Korean nationals) are required to quarantine themselves for 14 days upon their arrival in Korea starting from 01 April 2020.
1. Korean nationals and foreign nationals who reside in Korea will self-quarantine at their place of residence for 14 days.
2. ① Foreign nationals who are short-term visitors in Korea, ② Korean nationals and/or foreign residents whose place of residence is deemed not suitable for quarantine, will serve the quarantine at a designated government facility at their own cost (KRW2,100,000 per person). The Facility Quarantine Agreement (refer to attachment) must be completed and submitted to the airlines.
※ The spouse and lineal descendants of Korean national or long-term residents of Korea may self-quarantine in the Korean national/long-term resident's place of residence instead of government facility by providing official family relations documents.
※ Lineal descendants refer to direct line of descent such as grandparents, parents, child. Siblings are not included.
1. A-1, A-2 and A-3 visa holders with negative test results from COVID-19 diagnostic testing will be subjected to "Active Monitoring" (instead of 14 days quarantine), which includes daily submission of health status information via the 'Self Diagnosis App' and phone calls from health authorities throughout their stay in Korea.
2. Visitors who are issued with "Quarantine Exemption Certificate" from the Embassy of the Republic of Korea before the trip.
< Application of Quarantine Exemption Certificate >
In order to apply for "Quarantine Exemption Certificate", the visit must be
(i) related to IMPORTANT AND URGENT business (contract, investment, technical advisory) / academy / humanitarian reasons.
(ii) If the above purposes are met, you may apply for "Quarantine Exemption Certificate" by submitting the following:
Processing time: At least 4 working days if there is no urgent issue.
< Download app prior departure to Korea >
1. For Korean nationals and foreign nationals who are long term residents in Korea, please download the latest version of 'Self-Quarantine Safety Protection App' (refer to attachment)
2. For short term visitors, A1, A-2, A-3 visa holders and foreigners who received the 'Quarantine Exemption Certificate', please download the latest version of 'Self Diagnosis App' (click)
< Introduction of safety wrist band for non-compliant quarantine subjects >
With effect from 27 April 2020, a person in quarantine who violates quarantine guidelines will be required to wear a safety wrist band. Those who refuse to wear the safety wrist band will be transferred to a designated quarantine facility and may be required to pay for the use of the facility.
Please refer to attchement for details.
< All inbound travellers to be tested for COVID-19 within 14 days of arrival >
In addition to continuous importation of COVID-19 cases from Europe and Americas, the number of imported cases from Middle East and Africa has also increased recently.
As such, entry procedures will be further strengthened.
Starting from 11 May 2020, ALL inbound travellers will be tested for COVID-19 within 14 days of their arrival regardless of symptoms being present/absent.
< Crew members to be tested for COVID-19 and 14 days quarantine>
With effect from 06 July 2020, all crew members who disembark from vessels/cruises/ships will be tested for COVID-19.
With effect from 13 July 2020, all crew members who disembark from vessels/cruises/ships will be required to serve 14 days quarantine.
< Enhancement of COVID-19 testing for those who quarantine at government facilities >
Due to the recent increase in the number of imported COVID-19 cases, the Republic of Korea
will enforce more through COVID-19 testing for those in quarantine at a temporary living facility.
This measure intends to ensure early diagnosis and immediate treatment during the period of their
Please be aware that, as of July 20, all residents of temporary living facilities except for those coming
China and Vietnam will undergo three rounds of diagnostic testing upon arrival, on the tenth day of
admission, and either on the fourteenth day of admission or upon exit.