Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the minimum sum to be sustained in my bank account so as to ensure that my visa is approved?
Ans: Please note that the minimum sum to be sustained differs from applicant to applicant. We are unable to provide an amount for your reference.
2. Do I need to purchase air tickets and make accommodation bookings before I apply for visa?
Ans: Air tickets and accommodation bookings are not required for visa application.
3. What is the submission and collection time for visa and is appointment required?
Ans: Submission and collection of visa may be done between 9am-11.30am on weekdays excluding public holidays. Submission and collection is STRICTLY not allowed after 11.30am. Appointment is not required.
4. How long does visa processing take? Is there urgent/express service available?
Ans: Visa application generally takes 4 working days to process. Submission day is considered 1st working day. For example: Submission on Monday, collection would be scheduled on Thursday (subjected to changes if there is public holiday or incomplete documentation). Urgent/express service is not available.
5. Can I ask someone to do the visa application or collection on my behalf?
Ans: Yes, someone may do the visa application or collection on your behalf. For submission by 3rd party, please click here for more information. For collection by 3rd party, please ensure the proxy brings along the collection slip for passport collection.
6. I am a short-term visitor in Singapore. Can I apply visa at the Korean Embassy in Singapore?
Ans: We regret to inform you that only foreigners who are residing in Singapore with valid long term pass (i.e EP, SP, WP, DP, LTVP, STP...) or residence status (i.e PR) are eligible to apply for visa at our Embassy in Singapore.
7. Do I need to submit my original passport to the Embassy for visa application?
Ans: Passports have to be kept at the Embassy during the processing of visa application (i.e 4 working days).
8. I have a valid visa in my old passport and I have recently renewed my passport. Do I have to re-apply for visa?
Ans: You may travel to Korea with both your new and old passports with the valid visa attached. Alternatively, you may request for a transfer (click).
9. Why is my visa application rejected?
Ans: We regret to inform you that we do not provide the reason for visa rejection.
10. Can I depart from another country to Korea with a visa issued in Singapore?
Ans: Yes, you may depart from another country to Korea with a visa issued in Singapore.
11. How can I check the status of my visa application?
Ans: We regret to inform you that we do not provide any status update on visa application.
All enquiries pertaining to visa should be made via email to