2020 AKS Hanmun (Classical Chinese) Fellowship
The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce the “AKS Hanmun (Classical Chinese) Fellowship.” As an important part of our mission is to nurture researchers, who will contribute to the development and globalization of Korean studies, the academy has organized the “2020 AKS Hanmun (Classical Chinese) Fellowship)” for international scholars in Korean studies. Those who are interested in the following programs held by the AKS, which is the global hub sharing Korean studies with the world, are very welcome to apply.
1. Programs : Lectures, recitations, researches, and on-site tours (conducted in Korean)
2. Program Period
- 2nd : March 2 – June 19, 2020
- 3rd : September 1 – December 21, 2020
3. Venue : The Academy of Korean Studies
Junior and senior college students and graduate students (MA and PhD courses) majoring in Korean Studies
abroad (excluding Korean nationals)
5. Required Documents
- Application form (download the attached file)
- Certificate of registration (or completion)
- 1 Letter of Reference
※ Written by the applicant's academic adviser as to why the applicant needs knowledge of Chinese characters.
- (Optional) Score Report for Korean Proficiency Test (TOPIK)
※ All documents should be written in Korean or English. If not, translation of the document into Korean or
English should be submitted as well.
6. Application Period : November 1 – November 30, 2019
7. Application Method
Please combine all of the required documents in 1 pdf file and send it to the e-mail address below.
- E-mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Notification of the Acceptance
The result will be announced individually via e-mail on December 16(Mon.), 2019.
- Round-trip airfare (economy class) and support for living expenses (KRW one million per month)
- Accommodations (guesthouse located at the Academy of Korea Studies compound)
- Submit a study report until fifteen days before the end of the fellowship period.
- Support will not be provided to applicants who receive funds from other sources.
11. Contacts : The Center for International Affairs of the Academy of Korean Studies
- E-mail: email@example.com