The National Institute for International Education (NIIED) under the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea will invite two nationals of the Republic of Uganda for “2020 Global Korea Scholarship: Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students for an Undergraduate Degree” to be conducted in Korea for the academic year 2020~2025.
To this end, the Embassy plans to recommend two qualified candidates to the NIIED which will make a final choice of the two. After confirmed by the NIIED, the successful candidate is expected to arrive in Korea in February 2020.
1. Number of Scholars (Uganda) : 2
2. Programs : Bachelor’s Degree Program(4 year) after preliminary Korean Language course(1 year)
- Ugandan Citizenship
- Age under 25 as of march 1st, 2020
※ The applicant's date of birth should be after 28th Feb. 1995.
- Level of Education (graduate or be expected to graduate from high school as of March 1st, 2018)
- Grades (average point of 80%, within the top 20% throughout the entire high school period)
- Air ticket
- Monthly Stipend 900,000KRW per Month
- Settlement Allowance 200,000KRW upon arrival
- Scholarship completion Grants : 100,000KRW upon completion of studies
- Medical Insurance
5. Selection Procedure (Round First Selection)
- Applicants must check full documents and apply by 2019.10.11.(Fri) 12:30 p.m. at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea.
* All the documents must be submitted in person at the Embassy and will not be returned
* Late submission is not accepted
6. Please find the attached file for more information including required documents, or visit the National Institute of International Education (NIIED) at www.studyinkorea.go.kr (Scholarships > Government Scholarship > GKS notice).
For inquiries regarding submission, please send an email at email@example.com