Visa application requirement information document
Visa application and collection : From 9 AM to 12 AM, Monday to Thursday
* Please read this information document carefully, once you apply for a Visa, it means you agreed with the Visa regulations and laws of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea.
- All applicants are advised to bring all required documents at the application, we do NOT receive ANY INCOMPLETE application.
- Please be informed that submission of fake or improper documents, late submission and lack of required documents will lead to Visa rejection and no explanation will be given.
- The applicant must appear in person, when applying and collecting Visa
- For the Visa result (especially, in case of rejection), NO explanation will be given.
- Documents per Email sent will NOT be accepted.
* The applicant must bring them to the embassy.
Visa requirements vary depending on the type of visa. All applicants must submit the following:
- For the applicant (Invitee) (비자신청인) -
1. VISA application form glued a recently taken passport size photo (3.5x4.5cm)
* Only new visa application form (5 pages) will be accepted.
2. Cover Letter (Stating the purpose, duration of visit to Korea, your company name, address, contact information etc.)
3. Certificate of employment of letter from your employer
(Recommendation letter from your employer)
4. Your financial proof to cover your expenses in Korea with a bank letter.
5. Visa Fee should be paid before the application in Stanbic Bank Cooperate branch with the account name as Embassy of the Republic of Korea-Consular 1 on account number 9030005215195
- Staying in Korea less than 90days : US $40 (It takes around 1~2 weeks) / * Express $80
- Staying in Korea more than 91days : US $60 (It takes around 1~2 weeks) / * Express $100
* ‘Express’ takes around 3~4 working days except Friday
** Fees are non-refundable
6. A passport valid for at least 6 (six) more months and a copy of bio data page
7. Return air ticket with a receipt (Airline booking confirmation)
8. Accommodation proof (Hotel reservation / confirmation)
9. Recent bank statement under the applicant's name covering the last 3 months
- For the inviter in South Korea (초청자) -
10. Original Invitation Letter notarized in South Korea 국내에서 공증된 초청장 원본
(Stating the purpose, duration of visit to Korea, your company name, address, contact information etc.)
11. Original Guarantee Letter notarized in South Korea 국내에서 공증된 신원보증서 원본
12. Company Certificate of Registration 사업자등록증
13. Company Tax Returns 국세청발행 납세증명서
14. Copy of ID Card (Inviter’s passport, resident registration or driver’s license) - 한국 초청자분의 신분을 증명할 수 있는 여권, 주민등록증, 운전면허증 중 택 1 사본
*** Applicants for business purposes as meeting or inspection
must bring following documents additionally ***
비즈니스 목적 비자 신청 시 추가 제출 서류
1. Invoice of business with total amount 총 금액이 명시된 인보이스
2. Receipt of deposit for business 한국 초청인과 동의한 금액이 명시된 보증금 영수증
(Korean inviter must have agreed with the Visa applicant about the deposit amount)
3. Recent bank statement under the applicant's name covering the last 3 months
4. Recent bank statement of the company covering the last 3 months
* Additional documents may be requested by the Embassy.
* Please check Visa data for possible mistakes as soon as you receive your passport. Pay particular attention to the visa’s validity (start and end dates) with regards to the total duration of your planned stay. Also check the correct spelling of your name.
The visa section must be informed of possible mistakes immediately and cannot be held responsible for any problems that occur as a result of incorrect data or a missing signature in the travel document.
* Please be advised that a Visa is no guarantee of access to the territory of the Republic of Korea. The final decision remains with the IMMIGRATION OFFICE at the border.
Embassy of the Republic of Korea
Address : Plot 14, Ternan Road, Nakasero, Kampala, Uganda
Tel : +256-414-500-197 (Attn : VISA section)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org