1. Korean Homeland Education
- Specially and exclusively designed for overseas Koreans, the Korean Homeland Education(K-HED) is an education program aimed at fostering a Korean identity among overseas Koreans while helping next generation overseas Koreans grow into global talents. It consists of a variety of special programs such as on-site experiential activities, as well as Korean language, culture and history lessons.
2. Types of Course and Period
- University Preparatory Course(5 months) : Course I, 2019.4.2 ~ 8.23, Course II, 2019.9.3 ~ 2020.1.30
- Understanding Korea Course(2 months) : Spring, 2019.4.2 ~ 5.30, Summer, 2019.7.2 ~ 8.23, Fall, 2019.9.3 ~ 10.31, Winter, 2019.12.3 ~ 2020.1.30
- Special Vacation Course(3 weeks) : Summer, 2019.8.7 ~ 8.23, Winter, 2020.1.7 ~ 1.22
- University Preparatory Course : Overseas Koreans who have received 12 years of formal education
- Understanding Korea Course : Overseas Koreans who have graduated from elementary school or higher
- Special Vacation Course : Overseas Koreans aged 12 and above
4. Documents for Submission
- Application Form, Study Plan, Certificate of Graduation, Academic Transcripts, Proof of Overseas Korean Identity, Photocopy of Passport
5. Application Deadline
- 1st, February 28th, 2nd May 24th, 3rd July 22nd, 4th October 25th
6. Office for Submission
- Korean Education Center in Washington DC
(2320 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington DC, 20008)
* Please submit the application documents by mail or in person.
- Korean Education Center in Washington DC : Tel. 202.939.5680/1, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please refer to the 2019 K-HED Application Guide for details.