< The Understanding Korea 2019 Contest Call for Essays >
We are pleased to announce the Understanding Korea 2019 Contest Call for Essays. Please note the following guidelines. The Center for International Affair at The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is the home of the Understanding Korea Project, which seeks to correct inaccurate information on and improve contents about Korea in International textbooks.
1. Essay Themes
(1) International Images of Korea
- Images of Korea in international instructional materials (International textbooks, Internet sites, etc.)
- Proposals on how to improve the image of Korea
(2) Improvements using Understanding Korea Materials
- Improvements using Understanding Korea materials and suggestions for developing new materials
※ Reference to the winners of 2013-2015, 2018 competition:
※ Understanding Korea materials published by AKS can be requested for the purpose of this contest. Available at the site below.
(CEFIA Website: http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/english/ → Understanding Korea materials, Publications)
2. Eligibility : Any person except Koreans living in the Korea
3. Submission : Fill out the application form and submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
○ Language: Korean or English
○ Essay Length: About 3 pages in A4 format
※ Download the application form below or from information bulletins on the Academy of Korean Studies website or Center for International Affairs website and submit (only the official form will be accepted).
- Website: http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english/, http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/english/
※ Submitted essays will not be returned, and CEFIA will obtain the copyright.
※ Applications can be submitted using either Theme 1, Theme 2, or both.
4. Prizes Title Number of winners Prizes
- 2 Grand Prizes : Awarded by the Minister, Prize worth 900,000 won
- 4 Excellence Prizes : Awarded by AKS President, Prize worth 300,000 won
- 6 Participation Prizes : Awarded by the Center Director, Prize worth 150,000 won
※ Taxes related to the acceptance of and use of the prize are the winners’ responsibility.
※ All applicants will receive a souvenir (First 100 applicants only)
5. Application Period : June 1 - July 31, 2019
※ Submissions after the deadline will not be accepted.
6. Announcement of winners : September 20, 2019
※ The result of the contest will be posted on the Center's website,
(http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/english/) and all winners will be notified individually.
7. Inquiry : The Center for International Affairs of the Academy of Korean Studies
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Tel: +82-31-739-9731, 9725 / Fax: +82-31-739-9726
※ All inquiries about the contest must be made by email.