BACKGROUND CHECK (CRIMINAL RECORDS) CERTIFICATEAPPLICATION FOR BACKGROUND CHECK (CRIMINAL RECORDS) CERTIFICATE
The Korean National Police Agency (KNPA) is providing “Background Check (Criminal Records) Certificates (BCCRC)” according to below procedure.
- Korean nationals living abroad
- Foreign nationals who lived in Korea in the past.
※ Korean nationals as well as foreigners who currently live in Korea can request this service through local police stations.(tel: +82-2-182)
2. Required Documents
- Photo in 6 months (3×4㎝)
- Valid Passport and one copy of passport
- Copy or proof document of Alien Registration Card(If applicants are foreigners)
* If you can't provide a Copy or proof document of Alien Registration Card, you should provide us at least your Alien Registration Number.
- Self-Addressed Envelop with stamps(If you wan to receive your BCCRC by mail)
※ You can get and fill out Application in Diplomatic(Consulate) Offices.
- 1) Visit Diplomatic Offices(Korean Embassy or Korean Consulate General) with above documents, fill out an application form.
※ You should know your current address(or address you lived) in Korea
※ You should know your Alien Registration number and bring Copy or proof document of Alien Registration card If you are foreign applicant.
- 2) Completed Form MUST BE CERTIFIED by Korean Embassy (Consulate) personnel with a seal or stamp. Register your application with required documents.
※ BCCRC is Sensitive information by Private Act, certifying step must be done
- 3) BCCRC will be ready After 2 ~ 4 weeks later you registered. Diplomatic(Consulate) Officers will contact you if your BCCRC is issued. Then, please visit Diplomatic(Consulate) Offices to pick up your BCCRC or you can request mailing service if your residence is distant.
※ Issuance is Only for the person registered. If you use mailing service, destination Should be the home address in the application
4. Phone No. of Identification Office in KNPA, Korea. : +82-2-182
To check the status of the CRC please call Korean Embassy or Korean Consulate General, or call above number. END.
※ Documents you presented to Diplomatic offices are not allowed to return.