- South Africans can enter without visas for a stay of less than 30 days, under the condition that they will not engage in remunerative activities during their stay.
- South Africans who plan to stay in Korea for more than 30 days must obtain visas before entering Korea.
- Visa application should be made at the Korean Embassies or Consulates abroad.
- Visa applicants are required to submit his/her passport, visa application form, a recent colour passport style photograph, and other relevant documents as determined by the status of his/her application.
※ Submitted documents will not be returned in any circumstances except for passport.
Please prepare photocopy along with original documents if you want to keep the
orginal documents for yourself after visa process.
- Visa fees are as follows ($1=R15)
- Single Entry Visa for a stay of less than 90 days : R600 (US$40)
- Single Entry Visa for a stay of more than 90 days : R900 (US$60)
※ Visa fees can differ according to your nationality.
※ Visa fees can be paid either in CASH or BANK GAURANTEED CHEQUE only.
Application with other methods of payment(cards,postal order etc.) will be rejected
and the submitted passport must be collected from the visa office.
- E-mail (visa section) : firstname.lastname@example.org
"Government for Foreigners (g4f)". This site provides comprehensive information for foreigners who want to visit Korea, including guide on immigration to the Republic of Korea.