H-1 Visa (Working Holiday)
Citizen of a country that has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) or other agreement in regards to Working Holidays policy, and plans to engage in a short-term job to cover travel expenses in Korea
*Work limitation: You can not work more than 1,300 hours and can not also work more than 6 months with a same employer.
2. General Information
* Age requirement: 18-30 years old at the time of visa application
* Entry to Korea: within 12 months after visa issuance
* Work conditions: 6 months on maximum under same employers
(Please refer to the "Ineligibility" section for information regarding job restrictions in particular fields)
* Expenses Incurred: Airfare, Travel insurance, Basic amount needed
* Laguage study: Language study is possible up to 4 months
* Dependents: Can not be accompanied by dependents
※ Please note that visa should be issued by the Embassy or the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in your home country.
3. Ineligible Applicants
Those who meet the following criteria are not eligible for H-1 Working Holiday visa.
- An applicant who wants to work as a receptionist, dancer, singer, musician, acrobat, at an adult entertainment establishment
- An applicant who wants to get a professional job which requires certain qualifications (doctor, lawyer, professor, pilot, foreign language instructor, etc.)
- An applicant whose main purpose for coming to Korea is not to travel, but solely to seek employment
- An applicant who wants to engage in journalism or political activities which are not suitable for the purpose of the agreement
4. Required Documents
※ If necessary, Embassy of the Republic of Korea may ask an applicant to submit additional documents or be requested for an interview. Please ensure you allow plenty of time to lodge your application.
- A completed and signed visa application form (Please find the attached)
* One colour photograph taken within the last 3months to be attached to the form
Size : 3.5cm x 4.5cm
White or off-white background
* For visa issuance confirmation holders, please download and complete the application form found below.
Here ▶ Application for Visa for visa issuance confirmation holders only
- Your original passport (must have at least 6 months validity left)
- Visa application fee: AUD 509.60
* Payment method: Money order issued by Australia Post (Payee: Korean Embassy in Canberra) OR in Cash (Please put the money in a small separate envelope along with other visa documents)
- Medical examination from your GP (Mandatory Tests: Blood (HIV) Test, Narcotic Drug Test and Chest X-ray)
- Travel Schedule and Activity Plan for 1 year (Please find the attached)
- Australian bank transaction lists for the last 3 months to prove that applicants have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in Korea.
* Minimum closing balance should be more than AUD 5,000 (Please provide an up-to-date transaction list which was issued less one week at the time of applying).
* Account holder and visa applicant must be the same person.
- A copy of confirmed return flight ticket
- A self-addressed prepaid express post platinum envelope from the post office for return of your passport (only if you are submitting the visa application by mail)
* Please note that the Embassy strongly advises all applicants to send and receive the application by using a safer delivery option which offers both tracking and signature on delivery (like Express Post Platinum), in order to minimise the possibility of loss.
* Also, all applicants are advised to take a note of the tracking numbers (for both sending and receiving) for future reference.
5. Visa Processing Time: approximately 7 to 10 working days
※ Please note that it could take more than 7 working days for the applications lodged by mail.
※ We do not return visa documents once submitted.
6. A successful applicant will be granted a H-1 Visa valid for 1 year. Once you arrive in Korea, you need to obtain a foreigner registration card from the local immigration office within 90 days from the date of arrival. Please check the 'Hi Korea' website for more details. → (Click) Go to Hi Korea website
7. Mailing Address/ Contact Details
※ If you are in ACT, SA, WA or TAS, you need to lodge your visa application to the Korean Embassy in Canberra.
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Canberra
113 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla ACT 2600
Phone: (02) 6270 4100
※ If you are in NSW,QLD or NT, you need to contact the Consulate General in Sydney for your visa inquiries and visa application.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Sydney
Level 10, 44 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000 (Mailing Address: P.O. Box Q506 QVB NSW 1230)
Phone : (02) 9210 0200 (Consular office: (02) 9210 0234 )
E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
※ If you are in VIC, you need to contact the Consulate General in Melbourne for your visa inquiries and visa application.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Melbourne
Level 10, 636 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004
Phone : (03) 9533 3800 (Consular office: (03) 9533 3803/3804)
E-mail : email@example.com