E-2 (Foreign language Instructor)
The Korean Embassy in Canberra generally processes visa applications from ACT, WA, SA and TAS.
For applicants from NT and NSW, please contact the Korean Consulate in Sydney (tel. 02-9210-0200) or visit https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/au-sydney-en/brd/m_2367/list.do for information.
For applicants from QLD, please contact the Korean Consulate in Brisbane (tel. 07-3221-1440) or visit https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/au-brisbane-en/brd/m_24889/list.do for information.
For applicants from VIC, please contact the Korean Consulate in Melbourne (tel. 03-9533-3800) or visit https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/au-melbourne-en/brd/m_1955/list.do for information.
With this visa you can,
- E-2-1 at a private academy * Visa Issuance Number(VIN) is reuqired
- E-2-2 at a public school * EPIC or Talk programme participant
1) Up to 2 years
The length of stay will be determined based on the application.
Available Entry Type
1) Single Entry (applicants can enter 1 time within 3 months from the date issued)
Single Entry will initially be issued for most applicants. (unless multiple entry is specifically issued beforehand from the Korean Immigration)
Applicant will first enter with a single entry, then register to the Korean Immigration and get your Foreigner Registration(Residence) Card issued, then your entry type will become Multiple.
Visa fee will vary depending on the passport you are holding.
☞ "Click" to visit visa fee information page ☜
The Embassy only accepts
MONEY ORDER issued from Australia Post (payee: Korean Embassy in Canberra)
* visa fee must be enclosed when sending us the visa application materials via post
5 – 7 working days (excluding delivery days in case of applications by post)
* but, may take longer at times without prior notices.
If the requirements are not met, it will delay the process.
Once the visa process is complete, applicant will receive a text message from the Embassy. Please provide us with your mobile number.
Also, you may check processing status through Korea Visa Portal(www.visa.go.kr).
(change language to ENGLISH, then click 'Check Application Status')
* passport number, full name shown as on passport and date of birth required
1) in person at the Embassy or
2) by post sent to the Embassy
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Canberra
113 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla, ACT 2600
Phone: (02) 6270 4100
* For E-2-1 visa applicant(Visa Issuance Number(VIN) holders), please follow the link below instead for visa application information.
* For E-2-2 visa applicant(either EPIK or Talk programme participant), please read the information below for requirements.
1) Visa application form
☞ "click" to download visa application form ☜
2) 1 passport-size photo
* please carefully glue it at the right place on the application form(left side of part 1. Personal Details)
3) Original passport
* at least 6 months validity required
4) Copy of Notice of Appointment(EPIK) / Letter of Acceptance(TaLK)
5) Copy of Employment Contract
6) Prepaid and self-addressed return envelope * application by post only
* please note that the Embassy strongly advises all applicants to send and receive the application by using a safer delivery option which offers both tracking and signature on delivery (like Registered Post or Express Post with Signature on Delivery option included), in order to minimise the possibility of loss.
* also, all applicants are advised to take a note of the tracking number(for both sending and receiving) for future reference.