C-3-1 Visa (Short-term visitor)
※ COVID-19 국내 유입 방지를 위하여 별도 통보 시까지 주시드니대한민국총영사관에서 사증(비자) 신청 시 극히 긴급한 여행임을 증빙할 수 있는 자료를 추가 요청할 수 있습니다.
※ 기본 제출서류: 사증신청서(첨부파일), 여권원본, 증명사진(6개월이내 촬영), 수수료(현금), 호주 체류비자(호주시민권자는 해당 없음), 긴급한 방문사유 증빙서류, COVID-19 관련 필수제출서류(바로 아래 참고)
※ Because of COVID-19, all visa applicants are asked to submit following extra documents;
* Not required COVID-19 PCR test result until further notice. (from 7/Jan/2021)
- COVID-19 PCR clearance certificate(48hrs issued certificate within visa lodgement, NO Text message result)
- Consent to quarantine(Attached file.)
Before visa lodgement, Please check the article ☞[MUST CHECK(1)]☜.
1. Application Eligibility
The one who is going to stay for a short period of time to attend conference, exhibition, workshop, cultural and art event, Korean language study, common training, collecting academicals datum, or other reason similar to these (If you need to engage in remunerative activities, you must apply for a Korean visa appropriate to your purpose).
※ Double Entry, which allows an applicant to enter into Korea 2 times within 6 months, is available if the applicant is planning to visit Korea 2 times within 6 months. However, the applicant can only stay upto 30 days in each entry.
2. Required Documents
※ If necessary, Consulate General of the Republic of Korea may ask an applicant to submit more documents than required.
1) A completed and signed visa application form (Please find the attached file)
* One colour photograph taken within the last 6 months to be attached to the form
Size : 3.5cm x 4.5cm
White or off-white background
2) Original passport (must have at least 6 months validity left)
* Also, please bring one copy of your passport(personal information page)
3) Visa application fee (Attached file)
* Payment method: Money order issued by Australia Post or Band Cheque issued by a Bank (Payee: Korean Consulate General in Sydney) OR in Cash
4) Your current Australian visa
* Visa status from Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) or Visa Grant Notification Letter received by e-mail from the Department of Home Affairs (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/)
5) A self-addressed prepaid express post platinum envelope from the post office for return of your passport (Only if you are submitting the visa application by post mail)
* Please note that the Consulate General strongly advises all applicants to send and receive the application by using a safer delivery option which offers both tracking and signature on delivery (like Express Post Platinum), in order to minimise the possibility of loss.
* Also, all applicants are advised to take a note of the tracking number(for both sending and receiving) for future reference.
※ Additional requirements according to the status
- Attendance of various Events, Meetings, Conferences, Exhibition or Workshops
- - Documents proving purpose of visit (confirmation letter from your organisation)
- Documents proving · introducing the Meeting
- Documents related with establishment of the institute opening the meeting (a copy of business certificate, a copy of corporation certificate, etc..) OR
- Documents related with the invitee (ID Card, a certificate of incumbency)
- The one employed under industrial training, training employment or employment license system, comes by himself/herself in the period of stay
- Document which proves the fact that he/she has worked
- Document proving·introducing the training
- Business Registration Certificate of the company holding the training
- The students who study Korean at the university-attached language institute
- Certificate of Admission
- Business Registration Certificate
- Documents which prove the financial state(bank statement, remittance or money exchange of 3,000 U.S dollars and over) or the academy exchange agreement among universities.
3. Visa Processing Time: Approximately minimum 14 business days
※ Please note that it might take more than 14 working days for the applications lodged by post mail.
※ We do not return visa documents once submitted.
4. Visa Validity
※ Please note that once being a visa issued, it has to be used within 3 months from the issued date.
※ Double entry is valid for 6 months.
5. Mailing Address/ Contact Details
※ If you are in NSW,QLD or NT, you need to contact the Consulate General in Sydney for your visa inquiries and visa application.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Sydney
Level 10, 44 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000 (Mailing Address: P.O. Box Q506 QVB NSW 1230)
Phone : (02) 9210 0200 (Consular office: (02) 9210 0234)
Visa lodgement: Mon ~ Fri 9:00-12:00
Visa collection: Mon ~ Fri 13:00-16:00
※ Visa section is closed from 12:00-13:00
※ If you are in ACT, SA, WA or TAS, you need to lodge your visa application to the Korean Embassy in Canberra.
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Canberra
113 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla ACT 2600
Phone: (02) 6270 4100
※ If you are in VIC, you need to contact the Consulate General in Melbourne for your visa inquiries and visa application.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Melbourne
Level 10, 636 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004
Phone : (03) 9533 3800 (Consular office: (03) 9533 3803/3804)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org