order to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, the Republic of Korea will require a
mandatory 14-day self-quarantine for all travelers entering Korea at either
their place of residence or a government-designated isolation facility,
effective April 1, 2020 at 00:00 hours. This mandatory self-quarantine will
apply to everyone, regardless of nationality, except the short-term foreign
visitors who are issued with an “Isolation Exemption Certificate” from the ROK
Embassy or Consulate General prior to the trip.
order to apply for the “Isolation Exemption Certificate”, you must visit Korea
on 90-day visa free travel or with C1, C3, or C4 visa AND the purpose of the
visit must be (a) important business/academic activities, (b) activities
related to public services, (c) urgent humanitarian reasons. If these two
conditions are met, you can apply to receive the Certificate by filling in the
attached application form and submitting it, along with any supporting
document, to the Republic of Korea Embassy or Consulate General. Once your application is approved by the Embassy or Consulate General, you will be issued with the Certificate.
2. To minimize restrictions on necessary international travels, the 14-day quarantine requirement is waived for holders, excluding family members, of A1(Deplomatic), A2 (Official) and A3 (Treaties) Visas. These travelers are tested for COVID-19 wupon arrival, and, if tested negatice, will be subject to "Active Monitoring". This includes dailt submission of health conditions via the Self-Diagnosis APP and the daily response to phone calls from health authorities throughout their stay in Korea.
3. When you arrive in Korea with the "Isolation
Exemption Certificate", you will be escorted to a separate facility
outside of Incheon International Airport for COVID-19 diagnostic testing. The test
result will be available in 6 to 24 hours. Accommodation will be provided if an
overnight stay is required.
the test result is negative, you will be exempt from the 14-day
self-quarantine. However, you will be still subject to "Active Monitoring,”
which includes daily submission of health status information via “Self-Diagnosis
App” and answering daily phone call from health authorities, throughout your
stay in Korea.
the test result is positive, you will be moved to hospitals or designated
treatment centers for treatment/quarantine, regardless of the Isolation
Additional quarantine measures by Region
※Each region is taking additional measures as shown in the table below to prevent inflow of COVID-19 fron the central central government level.
* Point of Contact for the Submission of “Isolation Exemption Certificate”
- Embassy of the Republic of Korea to Canada: firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-244-5010
- Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Vancouver: email@example.com, 604-681-9581
- Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto: firstname.lastname@example.org , 416-920-3809 ext.221
- Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Montreal: email@example.com , 514-845-2555 ext.228