Those who have completed vaccination and are visiting Korea to meet their immediate family members (regardless of nationality) residing in Korea may apply for quarantine exemption from July 2nd, 2021.
※ Definition of a person who has completed vaccination
- Those who have received all recommended doses in the same country
- 2 weeks has passed since they have been vaccinated with the final dose
* ex) If you have received your final dose on Aug 1, 2021, you will be eligible to apply after Aug 16, 2021(Aug 1 + 14days + 1day)
※ Expected processing time : maximum 2 weeks
Please be notified that this content may partially be modified or changed after consultation with related ministries.
□ How to Apply
All quarantine exemption application will be processed by in-person and reservation is required by phone in advance before visiting our Embassy.
□ Required documents
1. Applicant Passport and Copy of Passport
2. Vaccination Certificates
ㅇ Scope of acceptance of vaccination certificate
- The Embassy will only accept applications from those : a) who have received all recommended doses from Ottawa, and b) those departing from Canada.
※ Accepted vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, Astrazeneca, Covishield, Sinopharm, Sinovac
- Submit a certificate or vaccination record
- The vaccination record must include NAME, DATE OF VACCINATION, TYPE OF VACCINE
- Children under the age of 6 (based on the date of entry) who are entering Korea with their parents whom have also completed vaccinations can be issued a quarantine exemption even if they do not have vaccination certificates
※ In this case, the accompanying parent must submit the child’s quarantine exemption application along with their application (Form 2, 3 not required; passport and Family Relationship Certificate(Gajok-gwangye-jeungmyungsuh/가족관계증명서) required)
- Children 6 years old or older who have not been completely vaccinated cannot apply for quarantine exemption
3. Quarantine exemption application (Form-1)
* The name provided must match that on the passport.
4. Consent of Quarantine Exemption (Form-2)
5. Pledge confirming authenticity of the vaccination certificate (Form-3)
6. Documentation issued within the last 3 month period of the application date that proves the family relationship between the family member residing in Korea and the applicant (Family Relation Certificate, Deleted Family Census Registry, etc.)
* Visit the family member who has a long-term visa in Korea; submit a copy of his/her ARC and documents proving the family relationship between the foreign national residing in Korea and the applicant
□ Additional Note :
○ The quarantine exemption period is 14 days, and the Quarantine Exemption Certificate is valid up to one month from the issuance date.
○ The individual must have the Quarantine Exemption Certificate issued before departure and bring them as hard copies (4 copies) when they enter Korea, or the quarantine exemption will not apply. (Once the individual enters Korea, the Korean overseas mission cannot assist with his/her quarantine exemption)
○ Even if the person receives the Quarantine Exemption Certificate, the individual must submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR) issued within 72 hours prior to the departure date when entering Korea.
* Only quarantine exempted individuals (applies to Korean nationals only) for reasons of attending funerals and traveling abroad for official public duties are exempt from this obligation.
○ When entering Korea, those who have been granted quarantine exemption must undergo a COVID-19 test (funded by the Korean government) within 6-7 days of entry and submit the copy of negative COVID-19 test result within 8 days of entry to the relevant ministries and the local government responsible for his/her place of address. If the person fails to comply with these obligations, the quarantine exemption may be terminated and he/she may be subject to immediate quarantine.