To apply for a visa to teach English in Korea at a private educational institute/academy (hak-won) OR at a public/private school that will give you a visa issuance number (does not apply if you're teaching in a public school - EPIK), please follow the instructions below;
STAGE 1: GETTING YOUR DOCUMENTS READY
1. Get a criminal record check from the RCMP or local police
2. Have your degree notarized by a lawyer or notary public, then authenticated by the provincial government or Global Affairs Canada.
3. Bring your authenticated criminal record check, original degree, notarized degree, sealed transcript pertaining to the degree, and passport to the Korean Embassy to get a *Document Confirmation. The fee is C$5.20 per document, hence the total fee would be C$10.40 if you're getting 1 criminal record check and 1 degree sealed. We only take cash or money order.
*Document Confirmation Process link:
4. When you receive the documents back from the Korean Embassy, send them to your recruiter or employer in Korea, which they will use to obtain a visa issuance number on your behalf.
STAGE 2: VISA APPLICATION
5. Only after you have received a visa issuance number and a finalized contract with duration of contract and signature from both parties, you may apply at the Korean Embassy in person.
6. Please bring the following list of items:
- Passport : you must send your actual passport for us to attach the visa to it. The passport must have a remaining validity of at least 13 months.
- Photocopy of passport
- You must fill out the visa application : download the PDF file, include your visa issuance number
- one passport-type colour photo (white background, must be taken within the last 6 months by a commercial photographer with the date stamp on the back, size : 3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- C$78 application fee in cash or money order
* After receiving your visa from the Embassy of Korea. please purchase your plane ticket. We are not responsible for flight cancellations or schedule changes.
※ Please read the visa guidelines carefully and if you have any additional questions, please visit our visa-specific website at www.visa.go.kr. You can search for the kind of visa you need, as well as the required documents and fees by your nationality, length of stay, and purpose of stay.