[ STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION GUIDE ]
Did you read the step-by-step application guide? It is a mandatory read. If you have not, please read the guide(click) first.
[ ONLINE APPOINTMENT MANDATORY ]
Visit https://www.torbooking.com/en to book an appointment in order to apply for a visa.
[ Eligibility criteria for application ]
You are eligible to apply for this visa if you are:
A person with at least high school diploma (or the equivalent) or a current student at elementary, middle, or high school who plans to study Korean language at an academic institution affiliated with a foreign academic institution in Republic of Korea, at a tertiary education center established in accordance with the Higher Education Act or the Special Act on Establishment and Management of Foreign Educational Institutions in Free Economic Zones and Jeju Free International City
[ Visa Type ]
Entry: single-entry visa valid for 3 months (you must enter Korea within 3 months of visa issuance)
Periods of stay for this visa: up to 6 months (the duration indicated on your Standard Acceptance Letter)
For more information on Alien Registration or Visa extension, please visit Hi Korea website at www.hikorea.go.kr.
[ Documents ] Please prepare to submit in the order listed.
1. Visa Application Form (print & fill out the attached form)
2. Valid passport (must have a validity of 6 months or more left)
3. Photocopy of passport (colour or black/white)
4. Passport photo taken within the last 6 months
5. Standard Acceptance Letter* (issued by the dean/president of the university)
* For scholarship students invited by the National Institute for International Education, an invitation letter issued by the director can be a replacement
6. A copy of Business Registration Certificate (or Registration Number Certificate) of a respective education institute
7. Proof of Enrollment or any documents proving your highest level of education
8. Training Plan (Lecture Schedule, Lecturers' Profiles, Training Facility and etc.)
* There is no designated format. You may submit a written statement supplemented by printouts and/or photocopies.
9. Original document(s) proving your financial ability to cover your expenses in Korea
* In principle, documents proving your financial abilities must be original (i.e. bank statement, scholarship receipt, deposit/withdrawal statement). Bank statement is only accepted when it is issued within the past 30 days.
※ If submitting a parent's bank statement, family relation certificate (only if you are of Korean descent) and/or a letter from your parent with written consent and signature must be attached.
10. Certificate of international student insurance or National Health Insurance covering your proposed period of stay (only if you are a current Elementary, Middle, or High school student)
※ We may request additional documents if it is deemed necessary for visa evaluation.
11. Additional document requirements if you are of Korean-descent (see the step-by-step guide)
[ Additional requirements during COVID-19 ]
* As our requirements are updated frequently to reflect the latest government guidelines, you must click and read the above article and follow the detailed instructions.
12. Covid-19 Negative PCR test results requirement temporarily waived as of Jan 8, 2021
13. Consent to Quarantine (please print and fill out the form)
[ Application fee ]
$78 CAD DEBIT OR CASH
* Please pay with DEBIT CARD with TAP but also be prepared to pay with CASH (exact change only) if our system is down. Our system is not equipped to accept credit cards.
* You must click and read the above article and follow the detailed instructions if you want to mail your application.