[ STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION GUIDE ]
Did you read the step-by-step application guide? It is a mandatory read. If you have not, please read the guide(click) first.
[ ONLINE APPOINTMENT MANDATORY ]
Visit https://www.torbooking.com/en to book an appointment in order to apply for a visa.
[ Eligibility criteria for application ]
You are eligible to apply for this visa if you are:
a person who plans to stay for a short period of time (90 days or less) in ROK for the purposes of market research, liaison works, counseling, signing a contract, or installing/repairing/learning to operate an imported/exported machinery, or other similar reasons.
You must be paid by the Canadian company which you work for (whether it be your own business or you are an employee). You are NOT eligible for this visa if you are being hired or paid by the inviting organization in Korea.
If the purpose of your travel is not covered above, please see other guidelines and Korea Visa Portal to see if there are other visa types you can apply to for your purpose of entry.
[ Visa Type ]
Entry: single-entry visa valid for 3 months (you must enter Korea within 3 months of visa issuance)
Periods of stay for this visa: up to 90 days from the date of entry
For more information on Alien Registration or Visa extension, please visit Hi Korea website at www.hikorea.go.kr.
[ Documents ] Please prepare to submit in the order listed.
1. Visa Application Form (print & fill out the attached form)
2. Valid passport (must have a validity of 6 months or more left)
3. Photocopy of passport (colour or black/white)
4. Passport photo taken within the last 6 months
5. Business invitation letter from the Korean company
6. A copy of Business Registration Certificate or a certified copy of Corporate Register of the inviting organization in Korea
7. Employment Letter from your Canadian company (must confirm they are paying your expenses and that you are not being paid or employed by the inviting Korean organization)
* Either the invitation letter or the employment letter or both must clearly explain the purpose of your business.
8. Any other documents for consideration (i.e. trade record between the two companies)
9. Flight reservation or itinerary (We recommend you to plan to travel more than 15 business days from the date of submission of your complete application. Please ensure that you either have tickets you can rebook or only submit your flight itinerary. The Consulate is not responsible for costs associated with your flight rescheduling.)
※ We may request additional documents if it is deemed necessary for visa evaluation.
10. Additional document requirements if you are of Korean-descent (see the step-by-step guide)
[ Additional requirements during COVID-19 ]
* As our requirements are updated frequently to reflect the latest government guidelines, you must click and read the above article and follow the detailed instructions.
11. Covid-19 Negative PCR test results requirement temporarily waived as of Jan 8, 2021
12. Consent to Quarantine (please print and fill out the form)
* Are you pre-approved by the respective Korean Ministry for quarantine exemption? Follow this guide.
[ Application fee ]
$52 CAD DEBIT OR CASH
* Please pay with DEBIT CARD with TAP but also be prepared to pay with CASH (exact change only) if your debit card doesn't work. Our system is not equipped to accept credit cards.
* You must click and read the above article and follow the detailed instructions.