1. WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR AN EXTENSION?
If you have a valid visa to Korea and have received a re-entry permit or a re-entry permit exemption that is expiring soon but you are unable to re-enter Korea within its validity period due to COVID-19 or for another unavoidable reason (i.e. surgery), you may apply for an an extension.
Your re-entry permit or your re-entry permit should be affixed on your passport (light green sticker) and must not already be expired by your appointment date. You may apply approximately 1 month prior to your exiry date. If it is already expired, it is no longer valid and not eligible for an extension.
* Select ONE of the following as your appointment type:
- 재입국 허가기간 연장 신청 / Application for Extension of Re-entry Permit
- 재입국허가면제기간 연장 신청 / Application for Extension of Re-entry Permit Exemption
(1) Application (choose the one that is applicable to you)
(2) Passport (original)
(3) Passport photocopy
(4) Alien registration card (original)
(5) Alien registration card photocopy
(6) Document demonstrating why you need this extension and why you are unavoidably detained from re-entering Korea within your initial re-entry period.
(7) Fee of $26 CAD payable with DEBIT CARD (TAP) OR CASH (if exact change is provided)
3. EXTENSION PERIOD
You may apply for a maximum of 3 months extension from your initial re-entry period.
4. PROCESSING TIME
WITHIN 12-15 BUSINESS DAYS
EXTENSION APPROVAL STATUS CHECK GUIDE
To check the status of extension request, visit: https://www.visa.go.kr/openPage.do?MENU_ID=10301
STEP 1: Select "Diplomatic office" as Type of Application
STEP 2: Enter your passport number i.e. XX000000
STEP 3: Enter name in English last name first followed by first name(s) and middle name(s) AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR PASSPORT with no commas or dashes in between. If there is a space or dash in your first and/or last names, please replace them with space(s).
CORRECT: HONG GILDONG INCORRECT: HONG, GILDONG / GILDONG HONG / HONG GIL-DONG
STEP 4: Enter your date of birth
5. PASSPORT PICKUP HOURS
Monday to Friday except holidays, 10-11 AM OR 3-4 PM AFTER you confirm on the website that it has been approved as per above.
* There are no appointments for pickup. It is by walk-in only during the hours above.
Please bring the following items to your pickup:
confirmation letter received at the time of application
a photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, Ontario ID card)
* Ontario photo health card is temporarily accepted as a photo ID
IF THE VISA WINDOW IS OPEN:
Please take a seat. We are fully booked and our appointments are back-to-back. We will ask “anyone here for foreign passport pickup?” once one of the appointments ends early and we have a few minutes. Please maintain 2 metre distance with other visitors and approach the VISA desk ONLY when you are asked to come forward.
IF THE VISA WINDOW IS CLOSED:
Please inform other staff that you’re there for foreign passport pickup. They will assist you in between their appointments whenever they are able.