[ STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION GUIDE ]
Did you read the step-by-step application guide? It is a mandatory read. If you have not, please read the guide(click) first.
[ ONLINE APPOINTMENT MANDATORY ]
Visit https://www.torbooking.com/en to book an appointment in order to apply for a visa.
[ Eligibility criteria for application ]
A student who has been given admission to study for less than one year including summer/winter school program that does not exceed 90 days.
If the course or program is to study Korean, apply instead to D-4-1 Korean Language Trainee visa(click to be redirected). The holder of this visa (D-2-8) is not allowed to engage in any other activity for remuneration such as a part-time job. In case a foreign student breaks this rule, he/she will be penalised according to the article 94 or 95 of Immigration Law. In principle, a tuition fee or living expenses in Korea shall be covered by his/her own money, therefore, to an applicant who intends to raise money for tuition fees or expenses in Korea is restricted from this visa issuance.
[ Visa type ]
Entry: single-entry visa valid for 3 months (you must enter Korea within 3 months of visa issuance)
Periods of stay for this visa: up to 1 year (you will receive the duration indicated on your Certificate of Admission - check top right corner)
For more information on Alien Registration or Visa extension, please visit Hi Korea website at www.hikorea.go.kr.
[ Documents ] Please prepare to submit in the order listed.
1. Visa Application Form (please print and fill out the form)
2. Passport (must be valid for the period of stay in Korea)
3. Photocopy of passport (colour or black/white)
4. Original Canadian visa (if not Canadian)
5. Copy of Canadian visa
6. A photo with a white background taken within the last 6 months and stamped at the back (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm)
7. Certificate of Admission (issued by the dean/president of the university)
8. A copy of Business Registration Certificate (or Registration Number Certificate) of the respective education institute
9. Proof of Enrollment from current university or college in Canada (must be an official letter from your current academic institution, not a confirmation of tuition payment, courses page screen shot, etc.)
10. Original and copy of document(s) proving your financial ability to support yourself (tuition fee and the living expenses for your stay)
- If submitting a parent's bank statement instead, you must submit a written & signed permission from the parent proving your relationship and that they will cover your expenses + original & copy of Certified Copy of Birth Registration or Statement of Live Birth to prove the relationship.
※ We may request additional documents if it is deemed necessary for visa evaluation.
11. Additional document requirements if you are of Korean-descent (see the step-by-step guide)
[ Additional requirements during COVID-19 ]
* As our requirements are updated frequently to reflect the latest government guidelines, you must click and read the above article and follow the detailed instructions.
12. Covid-19 Negative PCR test results requirement temporarily waived as of Jan 8, 2021
13. Consent to Quarantine (please print and fill out the form)
[ Application fee - varies by the duration indicated on Certificate of Admission ]
$52 CAD DEBIT OR CASH for stay up to 90 days
$78 CAD DEBIT OR CASH for stay 91 days+
* Please pay with DEBIT CARD with TAP but also be prepared to pay with CASH (exact change only) if our system is down. Our system is not equipped to accept credit cards.
* You must click and read the above article and follow the detailed instructions if you want to mail your application.