[E-2-1] FOREIGN LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR (GENERAL) VIN # HOLDERS
Before you apply for a visa, please read "General Information of Visa Guideline" first. After you read this page, click the visa category which you are applying for and prepare the required documents.
※ General Information of Visa Guideline → "Click"
● Eligible Applicant
A person who meets the qualifications determined by the Minister of Justice, and plans to teach conversational language at a foreign language institute, affiliated- language research institute or educational institute of higher than elementary school, or language training institute affiliated with an enterprise or broadcasting company, or other equivalent organization.
● Visa Information
● Required Documents
1. Visa Application Form for those with Visa Eligibility Certificate (File #1)
- Print out and fill out the form with signature and name at the bottom
2. Original Passport and a photocopy of passport
- Original passport must have a validity of 6 months or more left
- If you are not Canadian, original & photocopy of PR Card or other Canadian Valid Visa such as Work/Study Permit)
3. 1 Colour Photo (size 3.5 x 4.5cm)
- White background, date stamped taken within 6 months at the back of the photo
4. Signed employment contract and Business Registration Certificate
- Signed by both the applicant and the academic institution
- Business Registration Certificate from Korean inviting party
5. Document providing an overview of the academic institution with the name, phone number, and email of the contact person at the academic institution
6. Visa Fee (Only Cash or Money Order)
- $78 CAD for Canadians
- Money Order (Pay to the orderㅡKorean consulate General)
7. If you are a Korean Descent (7.1) or Documents to prove renunciation (국적상실신고) (7.2)
-7.1 Only applicable for those who are a Korean Descent
-[If your parents received the Canadian Citizenship before you were born]
O Photocopy of both parents' passport and Canadian Citizenship Certificate (not a card)
-7.2. Only applicable for those who had Korean nationality in the past.
● Additional Visa Notes
※ Please refer to each visa category you’re applying for to verify the required documents for your visa category.
※ If you already received a visa, but never used before and have a remaining validity date, you cannot resubmit your visa application.
※ Please note that additional documents may be requested upon Consul’s review
※ All Visa applicants must be physically present within our jurisdictions (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon, and Northwest Territories) at the time of application. It is unlawful to ship your passport overseas.
※ The head of Korean diplomatic missions abroad may request for additional documents depending on the condition of the country of residence/jurisdiction if it is deemed necessary for visa evaluation.
※ After your visa has been submitted, all submitted supporting documents will not be returned back to the applicant except your original passport, PR Card, Visa Permits. During the visa process, you may cancel your visa but, we do not return your submitted documents and visa fee.
※ When you apply your visa through Canada Prepaid Xpress envelope, please keep your tracking # (PG 000 000 000 CA). You must include Canada Prepaid Xpress return envelope (return address written on it) and original passport along with other visa documents.
※ Please be aware that incomplete application package will be returned back to you without processing.