APPLICATION WITH VISA ISSUANCE CONFIRMATION
(CERTIFICATE OF VISA ISSUANCE)
E-mail : email@example.com
Operation hours : Monday – Friday
8:30am – 11:30am for submission
3:00pm – 4:00pm for collection
(closed on public holidays)
Please make an online reservation through the Consular Services 24 (https://consul.mofa.go.kr) before visiting the Embassy to submit your application.
Note : Refer to the Online Reservation Manual (File4) for guidance. Reservation should be made under the name of the person visiting the Embassy. Please state the application number/visa issuance number in the Service Request when making Reservation.
Please contact the Visa Desk by e-mail if you cannot find the information you need on our website, or wish to make an inquiry.
In response to COVID-19 pandemic, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Malaysia now implements Enhanced Visa application Screening Procedures (click to read) until further notice.
○ Applicants with Visa Issuance Confirmation (Certificate of Visa Issuance) who are physically present in Malaysia
1. At least fourteen working days for short-term visas, and five working days for long-term visas. Not including the day of submission.
2. Applicant’s original passport will be kept at the Embassy during processing, and a receipt will be issued as proof. Please consider your travel plans carefully.
3. Earliest time to apply is three months before entry to Korea, as a visa will normally be valid for three months from date of issue.
4. You may check your application status on the Korea Visa Portal after you have submitted your documents to the Embassy.
○ Inviting party (employer, family, medical institute etc.) in Korea must apply and obtain the Visa Issuance Confirmation from the local Korea Immigration office in Korea or through the Korea Visa Portal.
○ After approval, inviting party provides the applicant with the Certificate of Visa Issuance printed from Korea Visa Portal. If any of your personal details in the Certificate is incorrect, please ask the inviting party to make the necessary correction.
○ Applicant makes appointment and visits the Embassy to submit required documents and fees to the Visa Desk at the Embassy.
○ Incomplete/incorrect form is cause for rejection.
○ Application by mail / online is not possible.
○ Applicant visits the Visa Desk again on the assigned date written on the receipt issued by the Embassy for an interview and to collect your passport.
○ Keep your receipt safe as only those with original receipts will be allowed to collect passports.
Basic Required Documents
1. Application for visa (for those in possession of visa issuance confirmation)
2. Certificate of Visa Issuance
3. One-recent passport sized color photo with white background
4. Passport (original and photocopy)
5. MyKad (photocopy) / MyPR card (photocopy) / visa in Malaysia (original and photocopy)
6. Application fee in cash (RM) (refer here)
7. Consent for Isolation
○ COVID-19 RT-PCR test certificate is required within 72 hours of departure date to Korea beginning 8 January 2021 and the original certificate must be presented during check-in and immigration clearance. Refer here.
Other Required Documents
1. Certificate of Health for Tuberculosis screening from a designated hospital in Malaysia for applicants from the following countries:
Papua New Guinea
C-type visa applicant does not have to provide Certificate of Health for Tuberculosis screening.
○ Documents and fees submitted for visa application will not returned, regardless of the visa outcome.
○ The Embassy may requests for additional documents as it deems necessary (case by case basis).