VISA APPLICATION GUIDELINES
E-mail : email@example.com
Operation hours : Monday – Friday
8:30am – 11:30am for submission
3:00pm – 4:00pm for collection
(closed on public holidays)
Application by mail / online is not possible.
Please make an online reservation through the Consular Services 24 (https://consul.mofa.go.kr) before visiting the Embassy to submit your application.
Note : Refer to the Online Reservation Manual (File3) for guidance. Reservation should be made under the name of the person visiting the Embassy. Please state the application number/visa issuance number in the Service Request when making Reservation.
Please contact the Visa Desk by e-mail if you cannot find the information you need on our website, or wish to make an inquiry.
In response to COVID-19 pandemic, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Malaysia now implements Enhanced Visa application Screening Procedures (click to read) until further notice.
1. Applicants with Visa Issuance Confirmation Number (☜ click)
2. Malaysian citizens
3. Malaysian permanent residents
4. Long-term pass holders in Malaysia, who fulfill all the conditions:
4(a) Must possess long-term pass continuously for the past one year, and the current validity is not less than 6 months for all applicants.
4(b) Must possess long-term pass continuously for the past two years, and the current validity is not less than 6 months for applicants from the following countries:
Exemption from 4(b):
i. Applicants with invitation from Korea Government, or invitation from local government authority in Korea.
iii. Spouse and underage children of i and ii.
iv. Spouse and underage children of Malaysian citizens.
4(c) Must be studying diploma or higher program at an accredited college/university, or studying at an accredited public/private school for applicants holding student pass.
(Those studying language, certificate, or foundation courses are not eligible.)
4(d) Must be accompanying employer who requires assistance for him/herself due to a medical condition, or accompanying employer who requires assistance due to traveling with small children or elderly parents for applicants holding temporary employment pass as domestic helper/maid.
○ Long-term pass is defined as a pass issued for a stay of one-year or longer in Malaysia.
○ Eligible applicants are still subject to the eligibility requirement of each visa type, and must be physically present in Malaysia.
1. At least fourteen working days for short-term visas, and five working days for long-term visas. Not including the day of submission.
2. Applicant’s original passport will be kept at the Embassy during processing, and a receipt will be issued as proof. Please consider your travel plans carefully.
3. Earliest time to apply is three months before entry to Korea, as a visa will normally be valid for three months from date of issue.
4. You may check your application status on the Korea Visa Portal after you have submitted your documents to the Embassy.
Application Procedures for Regular Applicants
○ Complete the e-Form (Visa) and submit it to the Korea Visa Portal.
http://visa.go.kr > English > Application > e-Form (Visa) > Fill out the e-Form
○ After submission, DO NOT CLOSE THE WINDOW / TAB. If you do, you will not be able to print the e-Form.
○ Print out the completed e-Form, sign it (parents may sign on behalf of underage children), and submit the e-Form along with required documents and fees to the Visa Desk at the Embassy.
○ Your application number should begin with ‘MAXXONXXXXXX’.
○ Incomplete/incorrect form is cause for rejection.
○ Visit the Visa Desk again on the assigned date written on the receipt issued by the Embassy for an interview and to collect your passport.
○ Keep your receipt safe as only those with original receipts will be allowed to collect passports.
Basic Required Documents
1. e-Form (Visa)
2. One-recent passport sized color photo with white background
3. Passport (original and photocopy)
4. MyKad (photocopy) / MyPR card (photocopy) / current and previous long-term passes in Malaysia (original and photocopy)
5. Application fee in cash (RM) (refer here (☜ click))
6. Consent for Isolation (File2)
○ COVID-19 RT-PCR test certificate is required within 72 hours of departure date to Korea beginning 8 January 2021 and the original certificate must be presented during check-in and immigration clearance. Refer here.
Other Required Documents
(Please click on each visa type)
☞ A-1 Diplomat
☞ A-2 Foreign Government Official
☞ C-1 Short-Term News Coverage
☞ C-3-1 Short-Term General Visitor (Other than business and tourist visitor)
☞ C-3-4 Short-Term Business
☞ C-3-9 Short-Term General Tourist
☞ C-3-10 Direct Transit (Airside)
☞ C-3-11 Ship Crew (Joining Vessel)
☞ C-4 Short-Term Employee
☞ D-1 Korean Arts and Culture
☞ D-2 Student
☞ D-2-6 Exchange Student
☞ D-2-8 Short-Term Student
☞ D-4-1 Korean Language Trainee
☞ D-9-3 International Trade
☞ D-10 Job Seeker
☞ F-1 Family Visitor
☞ F-2 Resident
☞ F-3-1 Dependent Family
☞ F-4 Overseas Korean
☞ F-6-1 Marriage Migrant
○ Documents and fees submitted for visa application will not returned, regardless of the visa outcome.
○ The Embassy may requests for additional documents as it deems necessary (case by case basis).
Application Procedures for Applicants with Visa Issuance Confirmation Numbers
The following visa types, and nationals from countries that lack diplomatic relation with Korea or otherwise specially designated countries, may/must be applied with Visa Issuance Confirmation Numbers as they require prior approval from the Korea Immigration Service / Ministry of Justice in Korea:
C-3-3 Medical Tourist
C-3-6 Business Visitor (Sponsored)
C-4 Short-Term Employee
D-1 Cultural Arts
D-2 Study Abroad
D-3 Industrial Training
D-4 General Training
D-6 Religious Affairs
D-7 Supervisory Intra-company Transfer
D-8 Corporate Investment
D-9 Trade Management
E-2 Foreign Language Instructor
E-4 Technological Transfer
E-5 Professional Employment
E-6 Arts &Performance
E-7 Special Occupation
E-9 Non-professional Employment
E-10 Maritime Crew
F-1 Family Visitation
F-3 Dependant Family
F-4 Overseas Korean
To apply for the Visa Issuance Confirmation Number, the inviting party in Korea must refer directly to the Korea Visa Portal or the Korea Immigration Service.
Applicants who have received their Visa Issuance Confirmation Numbers from Korea, please refer to Application with Visa Issuance Confirmation Number (☜ click).