The Embassy of the Republic of Korea is pleased to announce that 2021 Korean Government Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Degrees is now open for application. Please read the attached guideline thoroughly and submit the required documents correctly.
1. Selection Schedule
o Submission Deadline: Friday 9th October 2020, by 15:00 to the Korean Embassy* (by hand or post)
* Korean Embassy: No 9 & 11 Jalan Nipah Off Jalan Ampang 55000 Kuala Lumpur
(we will not accept any application after this deadline)
o Interview: 19 October ~ 23 October 2020(TBC)
(Exact date and time will be advised to the successful candidates directly)
o Result Announcement of the 1st round selection by the Embassy: November 2020(TBC)
o Result Announcement of the 2nd round selection by NIIED: December 2020(TBC)
o 3rd round of selection by respective universities: January 2021(TBC)
o Final result announcement: January 2021(TBC)
※ Please take note of the attached 2021 KGSP-U Application Guideline.
An applicant who doesn't submit all of the required documents in an appropriate form will be disqualified.
(Especially, last year, some applicants did not submit the full scores/grades of all their academic years/ this time, we will consider this case as invalid application. Therefore, Please make sure to submit all the academic years' overall grade point average when you submit your application.
Also, All the documents required should be properly notarized in Korean or English, we do not accept any documents notarized in Malay Language)
- ***Documents written in languages other than Korean or English must accompany a complete Korean or English translation, authenticated by the issuing institution or notarized by a notary public.
- If an applicant has to submit the photocopied documents, the applicant MUST have the copies notarized or apostilled and then submit the notarized or apostilled copies.
2. Quota for Malaysians(Embassy track): 3 !!!!!
※ A former applicant who had withdrawn from the scholarship after being selected as KGSP scholar in the past is strictly NOT eligible to apply.
*Please read carefully the eligibility in Attached file concerning Nationality, Age, Degree requirements, Grades(higher than 2.64 on a 4.0 scale / 2.80 on a 4.3 scale / 2.91 on a 4.5 scale / 3.23 on a 5.0 scale / 80% or above on a 100 point scale) and health. (we will not select anyone who cannot meet those eligibility conditions.)
<Below is just a few eligibility factors, you should read very carefully all guidelines).
ㅇ Age : must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021. (born after March 1, 1996).
ㅇ Must hold high School Diploma as of Marsh 1st, 2021, or must be expected to graduate high school by March 1st, 2021.
ㅇ A person who have graduated a high school (including international school ) In Korea orhold a bachelor's degree cannot apply to this program
3. In case you need further assistance, it is recommended to take the following steps:
o Carefully peruse the attached Application Guidelines and FAQ again, which contains comprehensive & detailed information on the procedure.
- www.studyinkorea.go.kr (Scholarship > GKS notice Board)
o If you still have difficulty finding relevant information, please refer to the contact below
- GKS Team, NIIED : email@example.com
- Universities: please refer to the attachment