The Embassy of the Republic of Korea is pleased to announce that 2021 Korean Government Scholarship Program for Graduate Degrees is now open for application. Please read the attached guideline thoroughly and submit the required documents correctly.
1. Selection Schedule
o Submission Deadline: Friday 19th March 2021, by 15:00 to the Korean Embassy* (by hand or post)
* Korean Embassy: No 9 & 11 Jalan Nipah Off Jalan Ampang 55000 Kuala Lumpur
o Interview: 29 ~ 30 March 2021 (Exact date and time will be advised to the successful candidates directly)
* Interview date changed from previous 22~26 March 2021 to 29~30 March
o Result Announcement of the 1st round selection by the Embassy:End of March ~ April 2021
o Result Announcement of the 2nd round selection by NIIED: May2021
o 3rd round of selection by respective universities: May 2021
o Final result announcement: June 2021
※ Please take note of the attached 2021 KGSP-G Apllication Guideline. An applicant who doesn't submit all of the required documents in an appropriate form will be disqualified.
o Required Documents : One original document(placed in a separate envelope) and 3 extra photocopies
o All applicants must submit a family register or a birth certificate issued by the government of the applicant's country for proof of citizenship
- Documents written in languages other than Korean or English must accompany a complete Korean or English translation, authenticated by the issuing institution or notarized by a notary public.
- If an applicant has to submit the photocopied documents, the applicant MUST have the copies notarized or apostilled and then submit the notarized or apostilled copies.
2. Quota for Malaysians(Embassy track) Total : 20
- Embassy(general) : 18
- Embassy(Korean language teacher) : 2
※ Important : Embassy track applicants must choose three different desired univiersities and available majors among 59 universities listed in guidelines, and MUST include at least one university from Type B
※ A former applicant who had withdrawn from the scholarship after being selected as KGSP scholar in the past is strictly NOT eligible to apply.
3. In case you need further assistance, it is recommended to take the following steps:
o Carefully peruse the attached Application Guidelines and FAQ again, which contains comprehensive & detailed information on the procedure.
- http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr (Scholarship > Government Scholarship > GKS notice)
o If you still have difficulty finding relevant information, please refer to the contact below
- GKS Team, NIIED : email@example.com
- Universities: please refer to the attachment