※ The following emergency measures will be implemented to counter the spreading COVID-19 outbreak
1. Invalidation of all short-term visas (C-1 and C-3)
All single and multiple short-term visas (C-1 and C-3) issued by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Malaysia on or before 5 April 2020 are temporarily suspended.
○ Those who obtained these visas previously from the Embassy must re-apply should they wish to enter Korea (visa fee waived)
○ Those who have already entered Korea using these visas will be excluded(permitted to stay until visa expiry date)
- Temporary employment visa(C-4)
- Long-term (employment and investment) visas
2. Temporary suspension of visa exemption agreement between Republic of Korea and Malaysia
Until further notice, Malaysian nationals will be required to apply for visa at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea if they wish to enter Korea.
- Diplomatic and official passport holders traveling for short-term visit (will still be subject to 14-day quarantine upon entry, unless they obtain A-1 or A-2 visa prior to entry)
- Flight (ship) crew members
- ABTC (APEC Business Travel Card) holders
3. Enhanced screening of all visa applications at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea
○ All visa applicants must undergo a medical examination at a designated hospital in Malaysia within 48 hours before submitting their visa applications to the Embassy. The examination result sheet must include screening of COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, chills, headache, muscle pain, pneumonia, etc). Applicants must submit a written health certificate.
○ The visa processing time will be at least two weeks (14 days). The processing time is for a screening, such as an interview to review health status. However, it is possible to issue visas promptly in case of ESSENTIAL activities, such as diplomacy, public affairs, investment, technology provision, family emegencies, and urgent humanitarian reasons.
☞ Enhanced Visa Application Screening Procedures
※ Effective Date 12:00 AM April 13, 2020 (Applied based on the local departure time)