※ Enhanced Visa Application Screening Procedures ※
updated Dec 2021
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Malaysia will enhance the screening of all visa applications, until further notice.
Types of application allowed
1. Long-term visas (visa type: A, D, E, F)
2. Short-term employment visa (visa type: C-4)
3. Other short-term visas (visa type: C-1, C-3) only allowed for URGENT & ESSENTIAL purpose such as diplomacy, public affairs, investment, technical provision, family of a Korean citizen, or humanitarian reasons.
1. Visa application will take at least 14 - 21 working days to be processed for short-term visas, and at least 5 - 7 working days for long-term visas.
○ K-ETA for Priority Entry (Business) Persons only takes about 5 days, so those eligible may consider applying for K-ETA instead of C-3 visa.
2. Expedited visa application process only for EMERGENCY (eg. funeral), OR if Korean inviting company submits request for expedited process through the relevant Ministry in charge of their industry in Korea. If approved, relevant Ministry will forward official letter for expedited process to the Embassy via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Those without official Ministry letter will follow the regular process.
Additional procedures for application
1. Applicants must visit the Embassy in person during both submission and collection of visa applications. Submission by a representative is allowed if applicants are unable to visit the Embassy personally (eg. applicants in East Malaysia).
3. Applicants need to attend and interview at the end of visa processing period. Interview date will be advised upon submission of application. Aplicants may collect passport and visa grant notice on the same day of the interview, if all is in order. Depending on circumstances, applicants may check their visa application status and print their own visa grant notice through Korea Visa Portal.
2. Applicants must make an online reservation through the Consular Services 24 (https://consul.mofa.go.kr) before visiting the Embassy to submit their applications.
Note : Refer to the Online Reservation Manual (File2) for guidance. Reservation should be made under the name of the person visiting the Embassy. Please state the application number/visa issuance number in the Service Request when making Reservation.
Additional documents to be submitted
1. Consent for Isolation (File1)
○ COVID-19 RT-PCR test certificate is required within 72 hours of departure date to Korea beginning 8 January 2021 and the original certificate must be presented during check-in and immigration clearance. Refer here.
Quarantine upon entry to Korea
○ Other than the above, the other procedures and requirements remain the same. Read the Visa Application Guidelines here.
○ Refer here if you have received the Visa Issuance Confirmation Number.