K-ETA implementation (Effective from 01 September 2021)
○ Visa-free foreign visitors need K-ETA approval in order to obtain the boarding pass and to enter the Republic of Korea. K-ETA is valid for multiple trips over a period of 2 years and the application fee is 10,000 KRW/person.
○ Due to COVID-19, only ① nationals of 49 countries/regions where visa-free entry into Korea is available and ② 「Priority Entry (Business) Persons」from 63 visa-free entry suspended countries are able to apply for K-ETA from 01 September 2021.
○ The K-ETA Center is available 24 hours -- 7 days a week and provides consultation service (online enquiry form) available in English, Russian and Thai during weekdays from 9:00 to 18:00.
○ How to apply for K-ETA for nationals of 49 K-ETA eligible countries
- Nationals of 49 K-ETA eligible countries are required to apply through Korea ETA website or mobile phone app at least 24 hours before departure.
- Application by proxy is available and in the case of group tourists, one representative applicant may apply for up to 30 people at once.
○ How to apply for K-ETA for Priority Entry Business Persons from 63 visa-free suspended countries
- The inviting company or organization in Korea would submit K-ETA application to the relevant government department in charge of their area of business.
- The department in-charge would assess if the applicant fits the criteria of 「Priority Entry (Business) Persons」and forwards the application to Ministry of Justice.
- The Ministry of Justice evaluates the validity of K-ETA issuance based on the application and notifies the evaluation result (official letter) to the inviting company or organization by email.
- It takes about 5 days from the date of receipt of the application for the assessment on K-ETA issuance to be completed.
- The inviting company or organization will then forward the K-ETA evaluation result (official letter) to the applicant.
- The applicant must carry the K-ETA evaluation result (official letter) to get the boarding pass and enter Korea.
- Unlike the general K-ETA, the K-ETA issued to Priority Entry (Business) Persons is for one-time use only.
○ Important Note
☞ All travellers entering Korea must present negative COVID-19 (PCR) test result issued within 72 hours of departure (link)
☞ K-ETA does not constitute an exemption from quarantine. All travellers entering Korea are subjected to quarantine for 10 days except for those who obtained quarantine exemption.
- For those traveling for business purpose, please request the inviting party in Korea to refer directly to the Business Travel Support Center (http://www.btsc.or.kr) for quarantine exemption application as it cannot be submitted through the Embassy.
☞ Please contact K-ETA Center directly if you have any enquiry about K-ETA using the following methods:
1. Register your questions on K-ETA website (https://www.k-eta.go.kr > Notice > Questions) and you will receive reply through the e-mail address you provided.
2. Contact the K-ETA Center by phone at +82-2-2666-7107 ~ 8