※ 10-Day Quarantine for Inbound Travelers to the Republic of Korea ※
To prevent transmission of COVID-19, all inbound travelers (Koreans and foreign nationals) entering the Republic of Korea are subject to quarantine for 10 days (updated 2021.11.2).
Korean nationals and foreign nationals with long-term stay
○ Self-quarantine at own domestic residence.
○ If own residence deemed unsuitable, quarantine at a government-designated facility.
Foreign nationals with short-term stay
○ Quarantine at a government-designated facility. Must submit the Facility Quarantine Agreement to the airline.
○ Self-quarantine at own domestic residence is allowed for spouse and underage children of Korean nationals, as well as spouse and underage children of foreign nationals with long-term stay. Must provide proof of relationship (marriage/family certificate).
Expenses during quarantine
○ Must be paid by the travelers themselves.
○ Total expenses for 10-day quarantine at a government-designated facility are up to KRW 2,100,000 per person and must be paid before entering the facility.
○ International credit cards are acceptable.
○ Foreign currency should be exchanged to Korean Won before the payment.
1. A-1, A-2, and A-3 visa holders.
2. Those with ‘Quarantine Exemption Certificate’.
○ Those who qualify for exemption must undergo COVID-19 diagnostic testing upon arrival, and are subject to ‘Active Monitoring’ via the ‘Self Diagnosis App’ for 10 days if tested negative.
○ Before entering Korea, please install the ‘Self Diagnosis App’ on your smartphone. (http://ncov.mohw.go.kr/selfcheck/)