※ 14-Day Quarantine for Inbound Travelers to the Republic of Korea ※
To prevent transmission of COVID-19, all inbound travelers (Koreans and foreign nationals) entering the Republic of Korea are subject to quarantine for 14 days, effective April 1, 2020 (12am).
Korean nationals and foreign nationals with long-term stay
○ Self-quarantine at own domestic residence.
○ If own residence deemed unsuitable, quarantine at a government-designated facility.
Foreign nationals with short-term stay
○ Quarantine at a government-designated facility. Must submit the Facility Quarantine Agreement to the airline.
○ Self-quarantine at own domestic residence is allowed for spouse and underage children of Korean nationals, as well as spouse and underage children of foreign nationals with long-term stay. Must provide proof of relationship (marriage/family certificate).
Expenses during quarantine
○ Must be paid by the travelers themselves.
○ Total expenses for 14-day quarantine at a government-designated facility are up to KRW 2,100,000 per person and must be paid before entering the facility.
○ International credit cards are acceptable.
○ Foreign currency should be exchanged to Korean Won before the payment.
1. A-1, A-2, and A-3 visa holders.
2. Those with ‘Quarantine Exemption Certificate’ issued by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea.
○ Those who qualify for exemption must undergo COVID-19 diagnostic testing upon arrival, and are subject to ‘Active Monitoring’ via the ‘Self Diagnosis App’ for 14 days if tested negative.
○ Before entering Korea, please install the ‘Self Diagnosis App’ on your smartphone. (http://ncov.mohw.go.kr/selfcheck/)