H-1 Working Holiday Program Visa(100 - still available)
The Working Holiday Program (WHP) was created under the mutual cooperation and establishment of the Memorandum of Understandings (MOU) between the Republic of Korea and the Kingdom of the Netherlands with the purpose of providing opportunities to individuals from each respective country to travel to Korea, while allowing them to earn and save money through short-term employment.
* Please apply for visa no more than 90 days before your scheduled departure
* We do not make any printouts or photo copies.
Eligibility to apply
1) 18-30 years old at the time of visa application
2) Work permitted without prior arrangement or approval
- 25 hours per week, 1300 hours per year
3) A person who intends to engage in job categories contrary to the spirit of the agreement/memorandum or domestic laws may not be allowed.
For example: An individual whose objective is seeking only for employment but for sightseeing, who desires to work in the field of entertainment related business, who desires to work as a medical doctor, lawyer, professor, pilot, etc. which requires specific licenses or skills., who desires to work as a foreign language instructor(If the individual would like to work as a foreign language instructor, he or she must change his visa status into E-2)
4) H-1 holder can take a class at private school and language course but cannot take a regular degree course at University.
5) Cannot be accompanied by dependants.
6) Annual number of Dutch nationals permitted on Scheme :100
※ We will announce it here if the 100 seats are full. If there is no announcement, that means it is still available.
7) Extension/Renewing of Visa Not allowed
Alien Registration Card (ARC) Obligation
1) H-1 visa is available in Multiple entry. Foreigners who will be working in Korea for more than 90 days are required to apply for the Alien Registration Card(ARC) at the local immigration office in Korea within 90 days of their arrival. With the ARC, foreigners may travel overseas during their stay in Korea and return to continue their work assignment.
2) The Embassy does NOT issue or extend the ARC.
3) ARC must be returned to the local immigration office or immigration office at the departure airport or port upon final departure. Failure to do so may result in fine.
7 working days. NO urgent / express service
Who can submit the application
Applicant in person only
You have to be in the Netherlands when you apply for H-1 visa.
Walk-in submission by appointment ONLY
Online/Post application NOT available.
Submission & collection hours
9am-12pm, 14pm-16pm, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
Submission and collection are STRICTLY not allowed after opening hour.
< Basic Requirements for All Types of Visa Application >
Documents required (Common)
e-Visa application form
- Please fill out and submit an electronic application form(e-form) at Korea Visa Portal. -> CLICK!
- After submission, please print out the form.
- Hand-written application from is not accepted anymore.
One Passport-sized Picture
- White background
- taken within 6 months
- Please paste it on the visa application form(Section 1)
- valid at least 6 months and one blank "visa" page
- Passport must be kept at the Embassy during the screening period of your application.
Please arrange your schedule accordingly.
Photocopy of Passport
- Personal information page
- Visa for OECD member countries
- We do not make any printouts or photocopies.
Visa fee in Cash(90$ in euro depending on the currency rate, pin-card is not available)
※ 84.60 euro for multiple entry as of the first half of 2023
◈ Document required for the H-1 visa
※ All document submitted for the visa must have been issued within 3 months.
1. Criminal Background Check (VOG, Original)
- Sometimes you need a Embassy letter in order to get your VOG. You can request one through sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your passport copy and mention that you will be applying for the H-1 visa.
- A screenshot of balance, transactions, bank statements at the end of month will not be accepted.
- The balance must be more than 2,000 euro if you do not have a confirmed flight ticket, or 1,000 euro if you have booked a ticket.
3. Flight Itinerary and Hotel Information
- A confirmed reservation is not mandatory, but you have to at least know where you plan to stay.
4. Negative Tuberculosis Test Result (Original)
- A chest x-ray report issued from your GP or GGD in the Netherlands only
5. Health Insurance which remains valid throughout your stay in Korea
- At least of 6 months of duration, must mention the range of coverage(ex: worldwide) in a letter form
6. Activity Plan on a A4-sized paper
- must include the applicant's signature
※ Important Note
1) We do not provide any status update via email or phone.
You will know the result when you visit on or after the pick-up date written on your 'Claim Paper'.
3) Supporting documents submitted for visa application will NOT be returned.