Strengthening of visa screening and temporary suspension of visa waiver/visa free entry
1. Invalidation of short-term visas issued before 05 April 2020
- Short-term visas issued before 05 April 2020 will be invalidated.
- Applicants who have visas issued before 05 April 2020 AND are required to enter Korea due to necessary reasons (excluding tourism) may reapply without cost.
- Does not apply to C-4 visas and long-term visas (i.e period of sojourn more than 90 days) that were issued before 05 April 2020.
2. Temporary suspension of visa waiver agreements and visa-free entry
- To prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in Korea, the visa waiver for Singapore passport holders will be temporarily suspended with effect from 13 April 2020, 0000hrs, till further notice.
- Please refer to attachment for the list of countries that are affected by the suspension of visa waiver/visa free entry.
- The suspension will not apply to holders of diplomatic, official and service passports, flight attendants, seamen and APEC card holders.
3. Extension of visa processing time to 14 days (updated)
- In view of COVID-19 situation, all visa applications will take 14 days to process due to heightened screening measures.
- For example, for applications submitted on 22 June 2020 (day 1), collection would be on 07 July 2020 (day 15).
4. Strengthening of screening for all visa applications
- Foreigners who need to enter Korea due to necessary reasons (excluding tourism) may apply for visas at our office in person. Interviews will be conducted.
- Only single-entry visas will be issued.
- Please call 6258-0789 during office hours (i.e 9am-5pm excluding 12.30pm-2pm) to schedule an appointment.
- Failure to provide the required documents according to visa checklist may result in visa rejection.
☞ C-3-1 General Visa on Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds (click)
☞ C-3-4 Short-Term Business Visa (click)
☞ C-4 Short-Term Employment Visa (click)
☞ D-4-1 Korean Language Training Visa (click)
☞ F-4 Overseas Korean 재외동포 Visa (click)
☞ F-6 Spouse of Korean National Visa (click)
☞ Confirmation of Visa Issuance (click)
For other visa types, please refer to here (click)
5. ROK-Singapore Fast Lane for Essential Travel (Quarantine Exemption at Arriving Country)
- On 02 September 2020, the Republic of Korea (ROK) and the Republic of Singapore agreed to implement the Fast Lane which is to ensure exemption from isolation at the arriving country to facilitate essential business and official travel between Korea (via Incheon International Airport only) and Singapore.
☞ Information in English (click)
☞ Information in Korean (click)