Domestic Helper C-3-9 Short Term Tourism Visa
○ Domestic helpers who wish to enter Korea for their personal trip are not eligible to apply for visa.
○ If the employer or employer's spouse is Korean national or used to be Korean national, please refer to the requirements listed here (click) instead.
○ Domestic helpers who wish to apply for visa MUST meet the prerequisites below in order to be eligible for visa application.
○ Meeting the prerequisites for visa application does NOT guarantee the approval of visa. Application will be reviewed to determine the necessity of bringing helper to Korea. Therefore, please do NOT buy the air tickets before the approval of visa.
Prerequisites for visa application
Minimum employment period
Domestic helper must be hired by the employer for at least 6 months during time of visa application.
Employer must have humanitarian reason(s) for bringing the helper.
1. The helper is travelling to Korea to assist with looking after young children aged 12 and below (as of calendar year).
2. The helper is travelling to Korea to assist with looking after the elderly above age 65 (as of calendar year)
3. The helper is travelling to Korea to assist person with special needs/medical condition.
○ Domestic helper is allowed to enter Korea once a year (i.e every 12 months) and the employer is allowed to bring one (1) domestic helper per trip.
Documents required from domestic helper
Documents required from the employer
※ Blurred photocopies or omission of QR code may result in visa rejection.