Frequently Asked Questions
If your enquiry is not addressed on this page, please send the enquiry with your name and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) K-ETA, Visa Application
1) Do I require a visa to enter Korea?
▷ Travellers who are entering Korea for activities allowed under C-3 visa (i.e tourism, business meetings, short-term study, family visit) may apply for K-ETA (Korea Electronic Travel Authorization) if they are from a country eligible for K-ETA. Travellers who are not eligible to apply for K-ETA, whose purpose of visit is not covered by K-ETA or whose K-ETA application is denied may apply for visa.
※ Check your eligibility to apply for K-ETA here (click)
※ Visa requirements (click)
2) I hold a valid APEC card. Do I still need to apply for visa/K-ETA to enter Korea for business purpose?
▷ APEC card holders may enter Korea without visa or K-ETA.
3) Can I apply for visa online?
▷ Online application is not available. Applications for C-3 visa and C-4-5 visa are to be submitted through appointed visa agents only. Personal submission (without going through appointed visa agents) is allowed only for certain visa types. Please refer to the individual visa checklist for the mode of application allowed and list of appointed visa agents
Submission by appointed visa agents only
Personal submission allowed
C-3-1 Short-Term General Visa for Conference, Competition, Training...etc
C-3-3 Medical Tourism Visa
C-3-4 Short-Term Business Visa
C-3-9 Short-Term Tourist Visa
C-3-9 Tourist Visa for Domestic Helper with non-Korean Employer
C-4-5 Short-Term Employment Visa
C-1 Short-Term News Coverage Visa
C-3-1 Humanitarian Visa for Visiting Korean Family
C-3-1 Humanitarian Visa for Visiting Family with ARC
C-3-9 Tourist Visa for Domestic Helper with Korean Employer
D-2 Student Visa
D-4-1 Korean Language Training Visa
D-9-3 Shipbuilding Visa
D-10-1 Job Seeker Visa
F-1-22, 23, 24 Household Assistant Visa
F-3-1 Dependent Family Visa
F-4 Overseas Korean Visa
F-6 Spouse Visa
Confirmation of Visa Issuance
4) What is the processing time for visa application? Does the Embassy offer express service?
▷ In general, the Embassy would take 4 working days to process visa applications. However, please expect additional turnaround time of 1 to 2 days when submitting through an appointed visa agent. Also, incomplete documentation can result in a delay. The Embassy does not provide urgent/express service.
5) I applied for visa through an appointed visa agent. Can I check with the Embassy on the status of my application?
▷ The Embassy does not provide status updates on visa application. If you need to know the collection date of your passport, please check with your agent.
6) I applied for visa and was told that the visa is approved. However, there is no visa sticker in my passport. Why is that so?
▷ Please note that physical visa stickers are not issued since 01 July 2020. Applicants may visit Korean Visa Portal (www.visa.go.kr) to print out the Visa Grant Notice. Please refer to this guide (click) on how to print the Visa Grant Notice.
7) I travel to Korea often. Can I apply for multiple entry visa?
▷From 01 June 2022, the Embassy will resume issuance of double entry and multiple entry visas.
8) I have a valid multiple entry visa issued previously. Can I use it to enter Korea?
9) I applied for K-ETA a few days ago but have not receive any approval. What should I do next?
▷ We wish to inform you that K-ETA is not assessed/approved by the Embassy. Kindly contact K-ETA Centre via the online enquiry form (click). Travellers are strongly encouraged to apply for K-ETA early to avoid unnecessary inconveniences.
10) My K-ETA has been approved. Do I need to apply for visa separately?
▷ If you have K-ETA, you do not need to apply for visa and vice versa.
11) My K-ETA application has been rejected. Why is that so?
▷ We wish to inform you that K-ETA is not assessed/approved by the Embassy. If you wish to clarify further regarding your denied application, kindly contact K-ETA Centre via the online enquiry form (click). Alternatively, please apply for visa (click) if you still need to enter Korea.
12) Do I need to apply for K-ETA every time I visit Korea?
▷ No. K-ETA is valid for 2 years once issued. It can be used for multiple times within its validity. However, if you renewed your passport, please apply for K-ETA again.
13) I have applied for a student visa and the programme duration is 6 months. However, I notice that the validity period of my Visa Grant Notice is 3 months. Does it mean that I can only stay in Korea for 3 months?
▷ Validity of visa and duration of stay allowed are different entities. Visa is valid for 3 months once issued. This means that you will need to enter Korea within 3 months of its issuance or else the visa will lapsed. On the other hand, the period of sojourn listed on the Visa Grant Notice is the duration of stay allowed. The period of sojourn will start to count from the date of entry.
(2) Quarantine-Free Travel to Korea
1) I am fully vaccinated (including booster shot). Will I be exempted from quarantine when I enter Korea?
▷ From 08 June 2022, quarantine is lifted for all travellers regardless of vaccination status.
2) My child is 6 years old and above and not vaccinated / partially vaccinated. Can he/she be exempted from quarantine?
▷From 08 June 2022, quarantine is lifted for all travellers regardless of vaccination status.
3) I am not vaccinated / partially vaccinated and wish to travel to Korea. Do I need to pre-book an accommodation for quarantine?
▷ No, you do not need. From 08 June 2022, quarantine is lifted for all travellers regardless of vaccination status.
4) How far in advance should I register for Q-Code?
▷ All travellers regardless of age may register for Q-Code (click) no more than 3 days before flight.
5) Is travel insurance required?
▷ Purchase of travel insurance is not compulsory. However, short-term visitors will remain fully responsible for all costs associated with COVID-19 treatment and/or isolation throughout their stay in Korea.
6) Do I need to take a designated flight to Korea in order to be exempted from quarantine?
▷ No, you do not need to.
7) Do I need to remain in Singapore for 14 days consecutively prior to my trip to Korea?
▷ No, you do not need to.
8) I am visiting Korea as a short-term visitor. What should I do if I test positive while in Korea?
▷ Please contact the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency at +82-2-2633-1339 or the public health centre. You will be given further instructions from there.
(3) On-Arrival PCR Test
▷ The on-arrival PCR test requirement will be lifted from 01 October 2022 onwards.
(4) Common Technical Issues
1) I am experiencing difficulty with my K-ETA application. Who can I approach for help?
▷ We wish to inform you that K-ETA is not assessed/approved by the Embassy. Kindly contact K-ETA Centre via the online enquiry form (click).
2) I am experiencing difficulty with completing Q-code registration. Who can I approach for help?
▷ Please contact the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency at +82-2-2633-1339 for assistance. The Embassy would not be able to assist with any technical difficulties.
(5) Returning to Singapore
1) Am I required to take a pre-departure COVID-19 test in Korea prior to my return to Singapore? If yes, which method of test is allowed (i.e ART or PCR)?
▷ Please refer to https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-depart/entering-singapore